I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 03:02:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  A bit like G-Ma's thread !
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A bit like G-Ma's thread !  (Read 5161 times)
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 12:20:39 PM »

If you like to read, what about joining a book club? It's a low-energy activity but gets you out there with people who have a common interest. Then take that book of the month / week / whatever with you and go hang out in that tea room to read for a while, or take it to a park and sit in the sun with it.

Or do you have extension classes in your area? I used to sign up for inexpensive classes for a variety of things --- anything that sounds interesting. It's just for fun.

I sometimes have to force myself to get out because I'm not a very social person. It's always been worth the effort. I come home with a bigger bounce in my step for doing it.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »

OH Kickstart, I think you were just jerking us around.  Here you are with a date and I'm going to sit outside at the bar.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 01:49:36 PM »

Isn't life strange?  Serendipity!   Perfect timing!  You asked and now things are just happening!  How lovely   :2thumbsup;   Let us know how the "old flame" night goes.   So many good suggestions from everyone.  :thumbup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
bette1

My dear daughter

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »

Here's another vote for fate.  I was starting to sink into depression a bit today, and I read this post and I kind of perked me up,  I know that I have alot to do around the house, but I find the chores very boring and there are some great ideas from you guys.  Thanks

Diagnosed with FSGS April of 1987
First Dialysis 11/87 - CAPD
Transplant #1 10/13/94
Second round of Dialysis stated 9/06 - In Center Hemo
Transplant  #2 5/24/10
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »

I didnt really want to add to that thread as im not really depressed ..just VERY bored!
What can you do on your own? (bearing in mind safety ) I live on my own and dont see anyone or talk to anyone for weeks on end , only the hospital staff. My friends have dropped me cause i cant go out and party and as for my family ..well they havent been in touch with me for ages now, they never have taken my illness seriously and i was just left to get on with it.
I dont feel depressed just very bored , i havent been out of the house for 2 weeks now , ive no where to go and no one to go with. I dont have a fantastic amount of energy at the moment. I was up till a few weeks ago going to the stables everyday, horses are my love! but it proved to much for me , so ive had to stop. Now i just dont do anything , im not artistic , im not an arty/crafty sort of person and my budget is very limited.
Any suggestions would be most welcome because im very lonely.
Well, You got US to talk to! One of the things I remember, most always (though not often enough) is to be "you" centered. How are YOU today, what are YOU doing, YOU look very nice today.  I mean I know that you are alone, but the easiest way to not be alone is When asked "How are you today?" is to reply "OK" I always say "Not horrible" (Correct English would be not horribly) The way not to become the perfect partner is to say; I gotta headache, I hafta' go to dialysis 3 times a week, Or I feel lousy, so Not horrible always makes for a conversation piece, or is cause for a little giggle. Keep your sadness to yourself. It's your choice. Be happy or be miserable. I feel lousy all the time, but I keep it to myself. Even with being alone, not in a relationship, if you stay at home, do nothing, there will be no chance of meeting someone to be friends with. It's kinda' like hoping to win the lottery and not getting a lottery ticket. Don't worry, be happy.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »