I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 07:27:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Dialysis does not always half to infringe on your life!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dialysis does not always half to infringe on your life!  (Read 1971 times)
serpico

« on: May 18, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »

I had a very enjoyable day this past Saturday!

My Niece made her First Communion! Originally I had thought about taking off from dialysis all together,  but as I stated on a post earlier this past week the power went out and I had a short day in the chair! I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to miss an important event. But on Saturday morning I was sitting in my basement drinking a cup of coffee and it dawned on me  to call the center to find out if they could switch me to a treatment at night.  Thanks to the wonderful help from  the floor Nurse(Kathy), they were able to accommodate me, and I was able to witness a most blessed event! My wife was very happy that I was able to go with her.

Talk about Divine Intervention!

I hope everyone had something good happen for them! :)
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »

That is great, serpico!   

Glad to see you were proactive and were able to arrange for an alternate treatment time so that you could enjoy the day with your family.   :2thumbsup;
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:20:20 PM by David13 » Logged

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 12:33:21 PM »

Good for you.... Your right don't miss out on things just because of Dialysis. rearrange your schedule if you have too but LIVE.

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
Started Dialysis May 22, 2009
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 01:45:27 PM »

Good for you for asking!  And I am glad you got to share such an important day with your family.   :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »

:beer1;

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
mcmkids

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 05:02:54 PM »

:flower; AWESOME!! You rule it, it does not rule you!!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »

Dialysis should not prevent you from doing things that you enjoy and seeing events you should be at for family.  The center can usually work around your schedule.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 02:39:56 AM »

When I did in centre, they spent quite a lot of time shifting people around if they possibly could.  I tried to always accomodate teh changes because I knew the same would apply for me if I need to change my day/time.  Always ask - as many times as you need to.  They'll tell you if it's not possible, and there's probably a few people like me who didn't mind swapping.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »

Well HOT DANG! It's a great day when we can do something important and still go To the Big D! My wife had Back surge ry. It was a long surgery, but I was at least able to see her to the surgery. and went to Dialysis that afternoon. She was knocked out after, and I don't drive well after dialysis so I went the next morning. Postponing Dialysis sometimes is OK!
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »

One of the pleasures of doing home dialysis is that you can plan your dialysis around your life (which is the way it should be) without having to bother anybody!!  Hubby's unit would let you change or you could arrange it with another patient and just tell them about the switch.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »