I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 12:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello! I am the mom of teen daughter on dialysis
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello! I am the mom of teen daughter on dialysis  (Read 6459 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 10:46:18 AM »

Welcome to our community!  As you must have seen already, this is one of the best places to be for anyone connected in any way to this renal challenge that we face.  I am so glad that you found us.  This is an excellent site for information, support, and even fun at times. One of our mottos is 'Knowledge is Power!' and many of us have been empowered by this site.  In fact this is more than a website; it is a genuine family :grouphug;
This challenge must be particularly severe when you are a teenager.  But as you said, she is aware that dialysis is giving her an opportunity to experience life.   Please take advantage of all this site has to offer.  Read as much as you can and post as much as you can!  Let us know how things are going with your daughters (and yourself!)
Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bajanne, Moderator

PS. this was written since Feb 17, but I was having real connection problems.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 10:49:47 AM »

Welcome to have you.  :waving;  I am so sorry to hear about your girls, but this really is a wonderful site. You will learn lots.  Hope to see you around.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »

yeah  :yahoo; someone else in colorado. me (another susan) auntie v and now you  :welcomesign; welcome aboard, glad to have you join us. this is a wonderful place to land and i have nothing but good things to say about childrens hospital. my youngest (now 24) is severely disabled and childrens has been a godsend over the years. hopefully you will get a chance to meet okarol, she's a great lady and i've enjoyed every minute i got to spend with her and am looking forward to more. again glad to have you join us, we're all looking forward to getting to know you better.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
jessup

Gemma - the tucker monster

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 05:36:49 PM »

G'day and  :welcomesign;
TeenHatesDialysis

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »

RichardMEL,

Thanks for providing the correct terminology to search for, "ABO incompatible transplant."  It is great to read the success stories  ;D.  I questioned my daughters' docs and they said not in the cards for them.  Currently, they are both listed on the cadaver list, Jaclyn (14 yrs) since 5/2008 and Dez (18 yrs) since 1/09 ("inactive").  Their dad is blood type B, which matches Jaclyn, and he has been going through evaluations for more than a year.  First, he put on his medical information that he had a blood transfusion and I think that immediately eliminated him, but the blood transfusion was 20 years prior to Jaclyn being born....so I asked them to reconsider.  They drew his blood and mixed it with Jaclyn's blood and said that her blood rejected his,compatibility issues (antibodies?), although they matched 3 antigens. This didn't go over well with me so after about 3 months of begging the docs and the insurance companies to re-test, they drew his blood again and mixed it with Jaclyn's blood and MATCH!!!! - no rejection.  I don't know how that happens, rejection then no rejection :urcrazy;, but I am not going to question it. Then during his medical evaluation they noticed strange cells by his spleen and ruled him out. Apparently, testing error, because when he was retested, the strange cells had disappeared. Next, there was a mass by his adrenal gland, 99% chance that fat mass that many of us get as we age. He is 47.....Then the doctors told him it was lymphoma....rejection again.  I told him to get healthy, because 3 years after being cleared of cancer you can donate organs. So we would move on to having the health evaluated of his sister (an earth angel). In the meantime, Jaclyn's dad pursued tests to see how the lymphoma was progressing, but it was gone :urcrazy; Many tests later, no lymphoma, but he still has not received clearance to donate kidney.

We continue to test and hope for best.

Peace and happiness and one healthy kidney to everyone!  :2thumbsup;

Susan, mom of Jaclyn, Deziree and Valerie

www.cotaforjaclynp.com
Jaclyn and Deziree diagnosed CKD 2/07; NPHP (type 1) 9/07
Jaclyn started dialysis 1/2/08
Successful Transplant 7/4/2009 at Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital @ Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
Deziree in denial
Jaclyn listed 5/08
Deziree listed 1/09 ("Inactive")
Jaclyn Cadaver kidney transplant 7/4/09 (Independence from dialysis day!)
Maxridex

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »

:welcomesign; Hope your daughter get a kidney soon.

-Matt

'' Never give up '' & '' You will never walk alone ! ''

* ARSENAL FC for life *
* AVRIL LAVIGNE FAN *

Feel free to contact me on my msn.
matthew_as123@hotmail.com
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »