I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 05:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Lucinda?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lucinda?  (Read 5159 times)
TynyWonder

Calvin

« on: April 06, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »

Has anyone seen or heard from Lucinda lately?    I have not seen her or heard from her on here in a long time and just thought I would see if anyone else has or not..............I was getting kind of worried......... :waving;

Edited: Moved to proper section The IHD Family - Our Members - okarol/admin
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 12:49:19 PM by okarol » Logged

Diagnosed with ESRD-November 2006
I have had 2 fistuals-neither one worked
I have had 2 grafts the last one finally "took"
I had 3 different catheters from Nov. 06 - Dec. 08
Got on the transplant list - Halloween Day 2008

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »

She was online yesterday, according to her profile. Hasn't posted since April 1.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »

Oh, I did not think to look at her profile and sorry about posting this post in the wrong section; however, thank you for getting back with me about her.   I guess next time I will just send her a PM myself.   ;)   Thanks also for not giving me a hard time about posting in the wrong area too!   ;)

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »

I still post things in the wrong section - luckily other people let me know!  :thumbup;

Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 12:56:13 AM »

Thanks for worrying Tynywonder.  I am just have a bitch of a time getting my dialysis prescription right.  I pretty much have the machine and needling down pat now but my blood numbers are all over the place and I don't feel well at all.  I felt 100 percent better before I started dialysis.  I haven't been able to go to the gym or do anything really.  Magazine is on the backburner until I can see past all these problems.  All going well though, I am going to go home from training on May 4.  Looking forward to doing nocturnal so I can get my days back. 

On a brighter note, one of my friends got a transplant today.  He has been waiting nine years.  He was feeling really desperate so it has come at a really good time.  Sadly the donor was a young man killed in a car accident.  God bless him and take good care of him for his his supreme generousity.  Much love and hope to be back on track really soon. xxx
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 01:04:42 AM »

:cheer: Hi Cindy!
Hope you feel better in the near future. Good news about your friend.  :waving;  :cuddle;

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 01:20:43 AM »

:cheer: :cheer: Double Hi Cindy......

:stressed;  I hope they have your prescription worked out soon and you start to feel better.   :cuddle;

Great news about your friend. Is there any reason why he had to wait 9 years? Does he have some other condition? What blood type is he?

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 07:00:58 AM »

Oh, its good to hear from you Lucinda and GREAT news about your friend as well!   Also, I do hope things start looking up for you once you get your training over and done with and hopefully you will feel better at home!    Take Care!   :cuddle;

David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:26 AM »

Great to hear from you, Cindy!  Sorry to hear about the difficulties with getting the prescription correct, but it is good to know that the needling and machine set-up issues are settled. 

Good news about your friend, too.!   :2thumbsup;

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 07:16:02 AM »

Once you start Nocturnal you will feel better.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:21 AM »

Hello Cindy,

Good to hear from you and I'm glad your friend got a kidney. Take care hope you feel better soon. :grouphug;
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 11:36:25 AM »

:grouphug; Oh Lucinda. I hope you get your treatments figured out quickly and what wonderful news for your friend. We wish him nothing but the best for many years.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »

Im hoping they get your script figured out soon. Its a real blessing for your friend, I am wishing him the best for many many years to come  :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »

Glad to hear the good news for your friend.  Now we want to get this all worked for you so you can feel better.   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 12:14:02 AM »

I really don't know why he had to wait so long Wattle.  His sister is also on dialysis and she is a big advocate for staying on it and not having a transplant so I think he was on dialysis a long time before going on the list.  Here is something I didn't know.  Here in Australia when you go on the list they take your start date on the list as the first day you started dialysis.  Do they do that in America?  My neph said to me if I changed my mind about going on the list then they would backdate my list date to the same as my first day at dialysis date.  Never knew that. Don't be anxious Wattle about his long wait, another friend from my church was only on the list two years before he got his transplant.  Yours is coming darliing!!

Anyhow, I am waiting until I go to the clinic tomorrow to see how my friend is doing.  We are really not close enough that I intrude on the family in the early days but he was at the same clinic so they will have an update for me tomorrow. xx

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 01:29:40 AM »

Thanks Cindy.

I was annoyed for him not myself. It would be frustrating waiting for so long, if a transplant was your intention. But if he waited to go on the list that makes sense. You are right in saying you are back dated to the day of your first treatment. I was placed on the list 6months before starting dialysis but it means nothing..... they take your "waiting time" from the day of your first treatment. Not including access surgery! Your actual first dialysis treatment.
I have a rare antigen mix and have been told I will only receive a donor kidney once I have done the "waiting time", which for type A blood is around five years. Once they feel you have waited long enough they find you the best match they can. Which maybe only a 3/6 match.

So if you decide to go the transplant route Cindy, know you have already started "doing time".   :cuddle;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 01:56:21 AM »

Hey Cindy I am sad things aren't going so great for you with D... we need to get that sorted out so you can get back down here to Melbourne so we can hang out!!! :) (yes, it's all about ME!!!  :rofl;)

I am so glad your friend got a transplant finally.. what a relief.. specially when it WORKS!!! My fingers are crossed.. but also sad for the donor who had to pass away like that... but where there is tragedy at least, hopefully, life renewal can occur for several others - which is a positive.

I have been told, not that I actually believe it, but I got a "bonus credit" on my waiting time. They supposedly gave me 6 months extra because I did this trial for the docs about starting dialysis later than usual so they decided since I probably would have started much earlier than I did because of the trial they would give me 6 months extra so they back dated my D start date by 6 months. Well that's what they SAID! Sometimes I even wonder if I'm on the list even though they take transplant bloods and tell me I've matched people already blah blah. Well I don't need to tell Wattle how frustrating the waiting game is!!! Still 9 years.. yeah, I would get desperate too by then I think (just coming up to 3).. still I hope and pray Wattle gets her call before me - that would only be fair (plus I'm an A kidney too!)

hugs to everyone!  :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »