I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I Feel Like a Ginsu Knife!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Feel Like a Ginsu Knife!  (Read 1508 times)
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« on: March 25, 2009, 09:41:01 AM »

You all know the commercials - "but wait, there's more."  I went to see UCLA yesterday for orientation and transplant interview.  They said I was a "good candidate" for transplant, but wait, there's more!  Someone, somewhere had said my liver was looking cirrhotic, so they want me to have a liver biopsy.  And, in spite of already losing 58 pounds, they want more.  Now, I had planned on continuing to lose weight, but y'all know how us control freaks (we control freaks?) are.  I hate being told that I have to lose the weight.  Faithful to the core (corps?), however, I'm back on the bicycle today (yay me).  So, sometime in the next couple of years I might get a new kidney.  That's if I survive weighing only 50 pounds.  :rofl;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:52:47 AM »

Wait there's more ----  If you order today, the same round of tests start over in 1 year.  Over and over again until you get the call.  It is ALL part of the stimulus package!

G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:25:51 PM »

Wait...there's more...if you buy today you also get the """Radisher"""    :rofl;

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 08:18:13 PM »

Yup - I've lost almost 40 pounds, and the surgeon at my last transplant hospital says only, "You didn't lose as much this last year as the year before."   :banghead;  I've lost it, and I've kept it off, but hey, hurry up and do it faster. . . .geezohpete - would a little encouragement kill 'em?

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 08:36:19 PM »

wait there's more.. once you lose the extra weight they just asked you to, they'll ask you once again to lose more! That happened to me three times before they took me off the on hold status

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »