I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Back To The Real World!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back To The Real World!!!  (Read 3065 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: August 31, 2006, 09:12:55 PM »

I dialyzed early on Tuesday and then went with my old work crew to San Francisco for a State Training.  They were there from Monday thru Thursday.  Because of dialysis I got to go from late Tuesday to early Thursday.

Two wonderful "near" normal days with people who are healthy and funny and normal.  What a let down when I had to get in the car and go home for dialysis.

I know......"at least you got to go"        I know........"at least you are alive to talk about it"

But, it may not be worth it to have fun if I'm only going to get bummed out from reality.....my reality.

I go to South Lake Tahoe for a wedding this weekend.  I'll try to get a grip on coming home.

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 09:18:12 PM »

I dialyzed early on Tuesday and then went with my old work crew to San Francisco for a State Training.  They were there from Monday thru Thursday.  Because of dialysis I got to go from late Tuesday to early Thursday.

Two wonderful "near" normal days with people who are healthy and funny and normal.  What a let down when I had to get in the car and go home for dialysis.

I know......"at least you got to go"        I know........"at least you are alive to talk about it"

But, it may not be worth it to have fun if I'm only going to get bummed out from reality.....my reality.

I go to South Lake Tahoe for a wedding this weekend.  I'll try to get a grip on coming home.

Welcome back, Rerun.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 09:42:05 PM »

Tahoe is great!  Enjoy the views and the beauty of the lake.  Enjoy the wedding.  Go shopping if you have time in the big new shopping area in Stateline.  Go gambling.  Have fun!  Wish I were going too.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
MelissaJean

it's better to find peace than understanding

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 09:52:43 PM »

Grr... I hate when people tell me things like that.  NO... you should be able to be pissed off if you feel like it...
Sometimes when people say "things could be worse" (I mean I know it's true), but I always want to say..."it could be better"
I am in this funk lately... and I think its OK to be pissed off sometimes.... that's one purpose of this site, correct?

Anyway... I agree with Kitkatz... have fun in Tahoe... it lifted my spirits the last time I went!

~Melissa~

"just run with me through rows of speeding cars"

- Born with Cystic Fibrosis
- Received double lung transplant 11/9/2001
- Complications from transplant:  Diabetes, Kidney Failure
- Started dialysis 6/6/06
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 10:05:28 PM »

It can always get better... for a dialysis patient... that is for sure. 
It can always get worse...for a dialysis patient...that is for sure. too.

If you are looking fun in the face try to enjoy it. 
Reality bites so I do not try to live there very long.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 10:07:27 PM »

Good avice!   ;D

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »