I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:29:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  High Phosphorus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: High Phosphorus  (Read 28820 times)
SpeedFleX

« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2007, 02:12:20 PM »

yes the binders are a very important thing, mine is at 3.5 at the moment, the thing that annoys me a lot through is when ever somethings high they say,  YOU CAN'T EAT THAT or YOU CAN'T EAT THIS, but never just wtf we are allowed to eat. I mean even the list they gave me is all what you are not supposed to eat.

But most of the time I have good levels and eat bad pretty mich every day, like now I'm eat a big mac, where are my binders?
highlite36

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2007, 08:51:29 PM »

You know, this whole situation is hard.  It's hard to have to remember to take so many pills and consistently take everything on time.  It's obviously not very fair, but I realize that these are the cards that I was dealt and it's up to just me to figure out how I choose to play them.  It's difficult to remember binders at every meal and snack...but I really don't have an excuse to forget them.  Or maybe it's realizing that the life I have at the start of each new day is the reward I get for doing what I need to do..... 

ESRD February 2002
Transplant from living non-related donor November 7, 2002
Lost transplant April 2005
Diagnosed with Heart Failure February 2006
Currently on Peritoneal Dialysis, awaiting to be well enough to FINALLY get placed
on the Transplant List.  :-)  I can't wait!!!!
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2007, 08:52:15 PM »

But most of the time I have good levels and eat bad pretty mich every day, like now I'm eat a big mac, where are my binders?

*sniff sniff*  Is that a Big Mac i smell?  I could swear i smell a Big Mac, oh thats it, i am going to go get me one for dinner too dangit,   :2thumbsup;   better find them binders SpeedFlex, i pop Tums, those seem to work the best for me (until my calcium gets too high)  :-\

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

A transplant coordinator once said to me: "If you can't remember to take you phosphate binders, how do you expect me to believe you'll take your anti-rejection medications?"

And you know what?  She's right.
 8)

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »