I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 03:37:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Fluid question???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fluid question???  (Read 1701 times)
Lucinda

Life is great!

« on: April 14, 2009, 02:19:26 AM »

Does anyone else's legs and feet blow up with fluid after dialysis?  Mine blow up after dialysis and then they are back to normal the next morning.  I only have my "skinny feet" back after a two day break over the weekend.  Weird? 
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 03:39:32 AM »

Hi Lucinda

My feet swell, but it happens before I go to dialysis, then I get my "skinny feet" after my treatment is done...

You are on nocturnal ??

http://www.kimhoben.com
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 06:49:10 AM »

Does anyone else's legs and feet blow up with fluid after dialysis?  Mine blow up after dialysis and then they are back to normal the next morning.  I only have my "skinny feet" back after a two day break over the weekend.  Weird?

You don't want to end up in the hospital like Twirl!!  You have too much fluid on board.  You might want to "Challenge" your dry weight.  If your dry weight is set at 50.5 then try 50.  Then go down to 49.5 and then 49.  Go until your b/p is really low and you feel like crap then go back up .5 after that. 

Dry weight is a moving target and very hard to pinpoint.  Thus it never stays the same for very long. 

If you are settled in on a dry weight and you start feeling bad after dialysis and your b/p is really low then you may need to increase your dry weight by .5.

If the staff tells you that you need the doctor's permission to drop your dry weight then have them call him/her NOW.

The reason you have skinny feet in the morning is because you have been flat all night and the fluid has leveled out. 

Hope things get better.             :waving;
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 06:51:15 AM by Rerun » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »