I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 04:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  blood pressure
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: blood pressure  (Read 6016 times)
Mandarin

« on: August 29, 2006, 12:33:17 PM »

I've been on dialysis for three years.  At first my blood pressure was very high. That is why my kidneys failed, now my blood pressure is low.   My Doctor says that I am a medical mystery.  What's up with that?

My husband says,"the glass is half full, not half empty", I almost believe him.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:57:25 PM »

Hi Mandarin and Welcome to our website, i am glad you found us but can you please go to the introduce yourself section and tell us a little more about yourself.  I am sure there are many members here that have had similar problems and perhaps may even give you a few solutions, but we would appreciate an introduction first so we know all about you :) :)  Look forward to hearing more from you...

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
SpeedFleX

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 02:18:10 PM »

Hi

Yeah I have the same problem too, what is your BP?

Mine is usually around 90 - 60 or 80 - 50. In the beginning before I got my kidney taken out it was around 130-90 once even 180 - 120. but since 2 years been pretty low.

susie q

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 04:15:23 PM »

Seems pretty common here..  I was on 3 pills a day for high bp before I started dialysis.. now I don't take any.. bp is very low during the run .. can ususally manage 100/50 at the end.  ::)
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 03:59:19 AM »

My BP was always high on PD but now on HD it was low until I stopped my BP meds (with the permission of the dialysis unit .. took 3 weeks to get the permission of the Neph though .. good thing I didn't have to wait!). I knew I couldn't go on like that when I went to the store on a non-dialysis day and had to sit for 1/2 hr before I could come home because I was just way too dizzy to ride my bike :(

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
redheadedangel

Smiling for you!

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

Could it possibly have to do with the dialysis removing the toxins and salts from your body. Thus lowering your pressure. Just a thought. Sassy
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 09:04:12 PM »

Could it possibly have to do with the dialysis removing the toxins and salts from your body. Thus lowering your pressure. Just a thought. Sassy
Me or who?

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
redheadedangel

Smiling for you!

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 04:47:25 AM »

Sorry did not make myself clear enough. Blood pressure could drop due to toxins and salts being removed from the body during dialysis.. Just a general statement. Sorry. Sassy
SpeedFleX

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 02:09:22 PM »

Sorry did not make myself clear enough. Blood pressure could drop due to toxins and salts being removed from the body during dialysis.. Just a general statement. Sorry. Sassy

Or Water which is usually the reason when mine drops. Up my weight and I'm good again
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 07:51:12 PM »

Or Water which is usually the reason when mine drops. Up my weight and I'm good again
Ya me too. I seem to just keep on gaining  :'(

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Panda_9

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »

I am having low BP problems at the moment as well. Spoke to the doctor yesterday and he said I need to cut back on my fluid intake, which I already know, as I drink too much. Naturally if your BP is too low you raise your dry weight. Although in this case, if you keep raising your dry weight you will end up getting overloaded, as the BP isnt due to dehydration.
I know its easier said than done, to lower your intake. I think we all know that! I really have to slap myself into it if I want to get a transplant and want to have a  healthy heart. The thing that annoys me is, when I get up in the morning I can usually go without a drink til lunchtime or more, BUT, as soon as I drink down my tablets, it gets the thirst going and I want more. I have also found, the more salt/salty foods I eat, the more thirsty I am. Potato chips and corn chips are the worst culprit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »