I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 04:29:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Anyone know where the 2008 party was?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone know where the 2008 party was?  (Read 7918 times)
bioya

« on: May 03, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »

I could call a some friends that still work for duh-vita but I thought I would ask here. Anyone know where KT's party and sex fest was at this year?
reno2360

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 05:42:57 AM »

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:03:29 PM by reno2360 » Logged
bioya

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 11:20:43 AM »

Well, I guess Mongo, KT, and the other sucks call all go to capital hill and slobber and drool all over the elected officals.
DavitaIsOK

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 01:54:51 PM »

Well, I guess Mongo, KT, and the other sucks call all go to capital hill and slobber and drool all over the elected officals.

How mature.  So much for discussion... (or grammar check)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »

How mature.  So much for discussion... (or grammar check)

DavitaIsOK - please go to the "introduce yourself" section and tell us about yourself.

okarol/admin

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 02:17:09 PM »

???
DavitaIsOK

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »

???
Sorry Twirl - I was put off by the "sexfest" and "slobber and drool" in the previous posts.  I should've quoted them.  I'm a noob, what can I say? :oops;
bioya

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 03:48:49 PM »

Hey "davitaisok", let me tell you something. I and many other have been there and watched the party boys and girls in action. You can come on here and try to make Duh-Vita sound like the company that cares, etc, but your the fool. Go drink some more kool-aid, go attend some more "home room meetings", go dance and drink at your academies and national meetings, and be a part of the "village".

Oh, next time you want to say how bad I am for writing the truth, come walk with me. Or better yet, come to my house and watch the videos from the National Meeting (drunken party). Oh, wait, you were probably there. Were you one of them that sang "Oh when Cantor, comes marching in" to Rep Cantor from Virginia at the Dallas meeting to stroke him so that he would try to get more funding for dialysis (read that as more money in KT's pocket)?  Or were you the drunken idiot that was on the dance floor when the "Davita all-stars blues band" was playing who was so drunk he fell down and had to be carried to his chair?

Get off it boy. Duh-Vita is now being shown for what they are. The tragic events in Texas and Indiana and other places are showing what Du-Vita truly cares about.... .money. The "training" that Duh-Vita won so many national awards for is showing what it truly is... a farse.    Get off the DaVita great crap.  DaVita is bad... truly bad.  KT and his sucks are evil and will rot in hell for they way they abuse patients. Oh, not phisyical abuse themselves, but abuse because of the lack of training and cutting staff and hours. Patients get the short end of the stick because KT wants more money in his pocket (and his board).  Want to chat about it? Send me a private message with your number and I will be happy to call you.
DavitaIsOK

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 10:42:42 PM »

Hey "davitaisok", let me tell you something. I and many other have been there and watched the party boys and girls in action. You can come on here and try to make Duh-Vita sound like the company that cares, etc, but your the fool. Go drink some more kool-aid, go attend some more "home room meetings", go dance and drink at your academies and national meetings, and be a part of the "village".

Oh, next time you want to say how bad I am for writing the truth, come walk with me. Or better yet, come to my house and watch the videos from the National Meeting (drunken party). Oh, wait, you were probably there. Were you one of them that sang "Oh when Cantor, comes marching in" to Rep Cantor from Virginia at the Dallas meeting to stroke him so that he would try to get more funding for dialysis (read that as more money in KT's pocket)?  Or were you the drunken idiot that was on the dance floor when the "Davita all-stars blues band" was playing who was so drunk he fell down and had to be carried to his chair?

Get off it boy. Duh-Vita is now being shown for what they are. The tragic events in Texas and Indiana and other places are showing what Du-Vita truly cares about.... .money. The "training" that Duh-Vita won so many national awards for is showing what it truly is... a farse.    Get off the DaVita great crap.  DaVita is bad... truly bad.  KT and his sucks are evil and will rot in hell for they way they abuse patients. Oh, not phisyical abuse themselves, but abuse because of the lack of training and cutting staff and hours. Patients get the short end of the stick because KT wants more money in his pocket (and his board).  Want to chat about it? Send me a private message with your number and I will be happy to call you.

I'm not sure why you are attacking me.  Your condescending tone is completely unwarranted.  It seems to me that you feel that your viewpoint is the only one that is valid, and that in itself makes me wonder if a dialogue with you would ever be possible.  Your utter lack of respect for me as a person is appalling.

I simply posted a comment expressing my exasperation at your choice of words.  I am not a "KT suck," whatever that is.  I can tell you that the unique corporate culture that exists in Davita not only takes some getting used to, but it has definitely turned me off on many occasions.  But to paint the entire company with such broad strokes in such a negative way is simply unfair.  I realize that I haven't walked in your shoes, and that you personally had some obvious horrible experiences with Davita.  I know that there are many patients on this forum that have complaints that are well-founded and need to be addressed.  But I also know that I deal with hundreds of employees on a regular basis and the vast majority that I come in contact with want to make Davita a better place. 

I do my job to the best of my ability and I couldn't give a damn about your hatred towards KT or the company that I work for.  I will continue to do what is best for the patients that I serve regardless.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 04:09:10 AM »

No name calling allowed. Feel free to rant about how you feel but do it without criticizing any members of IHD. next offense will award a vacation from IHD for a minimum of 90 days.

Sluff/Admin
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 02:27:10 PM »

Sluff, I must have missed something being in the hospital for so long.....
I do not get this...KT?
thanks for stepping in
DavitaIsOK

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 02:55:16 PM »

Sluff, I must have missed something being in the hospital for so long.....
I do not get this...KT?
thanks for stepping in

I'm pretty sure that the KT to which bioya is referring is Kent Thiry.  He is the CEO of Davita. (of course at Davita he is referred to as "The Mayor")  He is the subject of many of bioya's rants.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »

Davita parties aren't the only ones who have drunk people. Who hasn't been to an office party where people got drunk? My husband's company's Christmas party has dancing, drunken fools (I say that with humor) every year. It's tradition.

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 06:03:32 AM »

This is what I was referring to.
nursewratchet

"Either do it, or don't do it, don't try"

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 06:41:01 AM »

Bravo, Davita is OK... BTW,  I am a "Davitan", though, not much of a corporate girl... I have worked at Fresenius as well.  The conventions are the very same.  A lot of hoopla, a lot of celebrating.  The very same.  You can't paint an entire company by whatever goes on, or went on in a clinic, or region.  My main compalint with Davita, is, too much paperwork.  Like I said, I worked at Freseinus before, it was the same there.  As far as working, Dialsys is Dialysis.

RN, Facility Administrator 2002 to present
RN, Staff Nurse 1996-2002
Vicki
mikey07840
Elite Member

Her royal highness Queen Ruth on her throne, RIP

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 01:17:26 PM »

My only experience with Davita was them refusing to treat me. When I first started I had to be on Hemo for a few months until I could get surgery for the tanchoff catheter and time for it to heal. I tried to get treatment from the hospital 1 mile from my house, but it is run by Davita. Because I would only be doing it for a few months (I wouldn't sign up with them for life is what the lady there said.) and because I wasn't on medicare, they refused me.  I needed to drive to the next closest center 30 miles away. I will always remember Davita for their lack of caring and understanding. Patients must only be profit centers to them or maybe numbers and profit centers. I will avoid them if at all possible forever.

06/85 Diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes
10/04 Radical Nephrectomy (Kidney Cancer or renal cell carcinoma)
02/08 Started Hemodialysis
04/08 Started Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
05/08 Started CCPD (my cycler: The little box of alarms)
07/09 AV Fistula and Permacath added, PD catheter removed. PD discontinued and Hemodialysis resumed
08/09 AV Fistula redone higher up on arm, first one did not work
07/11 Mass found on remaining kidney
08/11 Radical Nephrectomy, confirmed that mass was renal cell carcinoma
12/12 Whipple, mass on pancreas confirmed as renal cell carcinoma

• Don't Knock on Death's door; Ring the bell and run away. Death hates that.

• I'm not a complete Idiot -- some parts are missing.
bioya

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 01:33:12 AM »

Bravo, Davita is OK... BTW,  I am a "Davitan", though, not much of a corporate girl... I have worked at Fresenius as well.  The conventions are the very same.  A lot of hoopla, a lot of celebrating.  The very same.  You can't paint an entire company by whatever goes on, or went on in a clinic, or region.  My main compalint with Davita, is, too much paperwork.  Like I said, I worked at Freseinus before, it was the same there.  As far as working, Dialsys is Dialysis.

My point is, and always will be, save the two or three million spent every year on academies, national meetings, regional meetings, etc and put the money in staff for the clinics. There is not one thing at the national meeting (other than the drinking and dancing) that could not be done by a conference call.... enough said!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »