I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 04:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Can anyone help?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can anyone help?  (Read 3062 times)
MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« on: August 24, 2006, 09:54:44 AM »

Can anyone help...

since I started dialysis 2 months ago, a lot of spots have developed around my chin and neck.  I never suffered from acne or spots as a teenager.  The medical staff just say I`m not washing enough(!!!) and that they are natural spots.  One Doctor said they may be phosphates being deposited in my skin.  Everyone looks at me as if I am being vain and shouldn`t worry.  The problem is getting worse seemingly daily and I don`t know what to do as I look a mess!

SCOTLAND NO.1
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 12:43:24 PM »

when you say spots, are you meaning pimples? blotches?  please explain a little more.  You are fairly new to dialysis and i am sure your body is still trying to get used to all that is going on and in your body.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 01:11:25 PM »

I mean pimples that appear as small lumps under my skin and then eventually break the skin without any puss or deposit but bleed if I scratch them and are sensitive to being touched like normal pimples are.  There are none on my face though, just under my chin and around my neck.

SCOTLAND NO.1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 02:45:33 PM »

I mean pimples that appear as small lumps under my skin and then eventually break the skin without any puss or deposit but bleed if I scratch them and are sensitive to being touched like normal pimples are.  There are none on my face though, just under my chin and around my neck.

I had the same thing on my arms, it is toxins trying to escape your body, at least that's what 3 doctors told me. But after a while on dialysis (about a year), all the bumps on my arms went away. Don't worry about it, they will go away unless they are correct and you are just a filthy person.  ;D J/K  ;)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 09:03:37 PM »

Well, if you have a catheter in your neck/chest you may not wash like you would in a shower.  Try cleaning more in that area and if they are still there then you can ruled out hygiene.   ::)

MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys, I would just like to say my hygiene is very good thankyou!!!  It`s frustrating when you ask the medical profession about things that are happening to you and you don`t get any decent explanations.

SCOTLAND NO.1
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 02:20:05 PM »

The docs dont know, they just have a measly ol' diploma with a bachelors degree in blah blah blah,  we have,  IHATEDIALYSIS.COM   the best place to find answers...  Hey,, IHDU,  nice ring to it huh?  (ihatedialysis university) :P

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »