I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:23:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Multiple transplant
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multiple transplant  (Read 1810 times)
mike22

« on: January 28, 2009, 04:58:49 PM »

I am on the waiting list for my second kidney transplant. Mine went bad after 8 years. but i was wandering are the side effects of medicine worst with the second kidney transplant or about the same.  how do you control the weight again especially since you start out on a high dosage of prednisone
julian230

Ah cha cha!

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 05:41:51 PM »

Coming from experience , the transplant drugs are about the same in side effects. Still moon face , diarrhea (grnoss , i know) depression from time to time and of course the lovely gain weight , the benefits ? From what I heard , they take you off the medications sooner than they do 5 years ago . I think as early a a month. Of course you will be taking the usual anti rejection drug, but the big ones that give you the side effecs are weaned off sooner.
julian230

Ah cha cha!

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 05:46:12 PM »

Additonal info.
When you do gain that weight , try eating much healthier foods , if you need to snack , snack on something healthy. Harder said than done, but you'll be setting yourself up for some great habits!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »