I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 08:27:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Where is Chris?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is Chris?  (Read 5793 times)
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« on: September 18, 2008, 06:23:19 PM »

It has been more than a week since he posted, that's not like him.
Chris?

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »

He has been busy with school, health and problems with his PC. I text him last night and he text me back today around 7pm.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »

Thanks Sluff.
I PM'd him a couple days ago, but had not heard back.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Jess21

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »

Also, don"t forget he lives in a town about 10 minutes or so away from me. I don"t know his address, but, there's only tens of thousands of houses there!  I'd find him eventually for you guys!  Or I'd just sit at the transplant center clinic and wait.  He'd show up eventually I hope. :) You never know.  Maybe seeing me all the time would make the transplant center get me on the list quicker!  :P

Hospitalized w/ renal failure- Nov. 2007
Diagnosed w/ ESRD w/ unknown cause- Jan 2008
Lower arm AV Fistula created- March 2008
On IL transplant list- Oct. 8th, 2008
On WI transplant list- June 25th, 2009
Pediatric 2 kidney transplant- July 6th, 2009 (3/6 antigen match)
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 03:29:54 PM »

chris posted this evening
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=9102.msg173939#msg173939

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 06:56:02 PM »

Well as Sluff stated, that is pretty much what is going on besides new meds, trips to the ER and just not feeling myself. But we did not get flooded even though we were close, less than a half mile away from over flowing river. Computer on the other hand, what a pain in the butt! To stop pc from crashing I had to uninstall printer, so when I need to print, I have to install the software, align the printer and other printing software that I may use and the uninstall it so my laptop does not crash.

Go back to Chicago for another doc visit Oct 6 about blood clot and 27 to see  what will be done about my knee or knees now that right one is giving more problems.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »

Well I hope you have a good visit and that they have good resolutions in store for you.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 01:34:52 PM »

Chris, good to see you post.   Let us know how the upcoming doctor visits go.   Next time, we will have to send Jess21 door to door to check on you  :rofl;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »

Chris, good to see you post.   Let us know how the upcoming doctor visits go.   Next time, we will have to send Jess21 door to door to check on you  :rofl;

or Beth.   :rofl;
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »

or Patton  :cowboy:

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 06:26:17 PM »

Chris pm'ed me and he is having medical and school problems
but he is coming along
and I hope he starts posting again, as much as he used too
I miss him
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 10:54:09 PM »

Just got back fully online tonight. After repairing laptop by repairing Windows from CD, I couldn't get fully online. I could sign in and use Instant Messenger, but couldn't access emails, or any webpages. Took it to Best Buy, but they wanted $170 and 7 to 10 days to possibly fix it. Told them no and I'll try to fix it. He gave me a suggestion to what to look for and how to possibly fix it, which turned out to be the wrong way. With his suggestion, I started to relook at what I previously had done, removed some Windows Updates, Internet Explorer completely, and installed Internet Explorer 6. Updated again, did some test and finally got into websites. Just installed printer again and waiting to see if system crashes again and gives me printer error message. If that happens, I'm going to Wal-Mart and buying a shotgun to blow the printer away. Now I have to cram for a quiz on Monday, then hurry my butt out of class to get  to a doctors appointment in Chicago that they want me 20 min early to. That's not going to happen with the way the train schedule is to Chicago. Weeks like this I wish  I had a couple beers! Just hope no more meds are prescribed Monday. Wish I was going to Vegas! I "Need to Get Away"

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 03:03:43 AM »

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: CHRIS IS BACK :cheer: :cheer: :yahoo;
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 05:46:22 AM »

computers - can't live with em', can't live without em'  :)

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 02:14:41 PM »

Chris, We have really missed you!  I am impressed you could repair the computer--I would still be clicking the start button  :rofl;  How is school going?  Have you been to any ball games?   I'll be crossing my fingers you stay online!!   

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »

Chris, We have really missed you!  I am impressed you could repair the computer--I would still be clicking the start button  :rofl;  How is school going?  Have you been to any ball games?   I'll be crossing my fingers you stay online!!   

Repairing computers is a job I do not want. Once I start I do not want to stop, but nor do I want to spend hours sitting there, it is a frustrating process.

School is going, one class is more frustrating than the other because I don't like how the prosthetic is turning out so far. Instructor says not to worry, it's our 1st one, but I want mine to lok as best as possible. Orthotics class is going better though till w will have o sew. No idea how to sew. I can staple it, duct it, or glue it, but sewing is something I have no idea how to do especially with leather.

Nope, haven't been to any balls games. We do take breaks from cass to check on scores and someone atleast get's text message updates throughout class.

As for doctor visit, new drug prescribed for pain, more test ordered (x-ray, ultrasound, labs, and mri), If new meds runs into problems, then I will have to go to a pain clinic. Doc also said it doesn't look good at having knee surgery in December with what is going on, but will have to wait and see what knee surgeon says at the end of the month. But right knee is getting worse and back is having the same pain again, hence another x-ray. Suppose to contact my transplant doctors about having the feeling of a hypoglycemic attack, however it only happened once and I didn' have my glucose meter with while I was inside Best Buy. So without something to show, it isn't worth mentioning to th transplant clinic in my opinion. The clinic always wants something.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010