I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 02:17:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  A dialysis session with the PSP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A dialysis session with the PSP  (Read 2529 times)
Travincal

« on: August 23, 2006, 12:08:11 PM »

How about getting a PSP (playstation portable). I know a lot of older people are timid about the gaming industry but thats not all the psp can do. I usually go to dialysis and spend about 2 1/2 hours on the psp and an hour 1/2 sleeping. ANYWAY the psp not only plays games but it's also an MP3 player and can hold pictures. Its #1 quality is not gaming suprisingly but the psp has a HD screen and plays movies on a minidisk. Almost every movie you can think of has came out for the psp as well so no matter how picky your taste in movies you will always be gauranteed a good selection. The psp's most advanced feature is its ability to log on and roam the internet and keep in mind once you pay the 200$ price tag there are no more payments needed ever again (this includes any of self upgrades the psp does every month or so). There are many more things the psp can do but to list them all would take forever. for 200$ there is no item on the face of this planet that gives you all of the things the psp gives. Even the popular ipods offer 1/4 the things a psp does. Infact another self-upgrade is due in a couple months or so that will allow the psp to have GPS locating. Anyway I find it to be a very useful and fun item that is definately the best purchase I have ever made for dialysis. Hope some of you take my advice and if you do I would like to know. Good luck

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything."
SpeedFleX

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

Yes very true the psp is very good for dialysis. I usually put movies on my stick. But if your not into gaming and just music and video then the ipod is still the better deal:

iPod = 299,-

Pro's = 30gb, Small, video , music Calender function, Contacts and a couple of small games

Con's = Screen is really small but u can hook it up to a tv with a cable.

PSP = 200,- no memory stick 250 version with memory stick 32mb about 6 songs extra 1gb stick costs about 40,-

Pro's= Games and Movie Galore, Nice 16.9 Screen very nice Resolution. with firmeware 1.5 Homebrew to the max

Con's = Kinda big doesn't fit to good in your pocket, Doesn't have much memory .
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 12:54:37 PM by SpeedFleX » Logged
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 09:27:39 PM »

Yes very true the psp is very good for dialysis. I usually put movies on my stick. But if your not into gaming and just music and video then the ipod is still the better deal:

iPod = 299,-

Pro's = 30gb, Small, video , music Calender function, Contacts and a couple of small games

Con's = Screen is really small but u can hook it up to a tv with a cable.

PSP = 200,- no memory stick 250 version with memory stick 32mb about 6 songs extra 1gb stick costs about 40,-

Pro's= Games and Movie Galore, Nice 16.9 Screen very nice Resolution. with firmeware 1.5 Homebrew to the max

Con's = Kinda big doesn't fit to good in your pocket, Doesn't have much memory .

Yeah, I use my PSP (Firmware 1.5) for Emulation, I emulate NES, SNES, GB ,ect, ect. I can put A LOT of games on a 1 GB memory stick.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 06:42:40 PM »

I hear the PSP is a pretty good wireless web browser too, just the ticket for a dialysis chair.  The kid next door has been surfing the web with his for some time.  I've never seen it in operation for that purpose so I can't really say if it is any good or not but it is something to consider, especially if the unit has open wifi.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »