I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Followup visit switched from Xanax to Ativan and three more doctors added
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Followup visit switched from Xanax to Ativan and three more doctors added  (Read 3429 times)
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« on: September 23, 2008, 10:45:30 AM »

Had mom's followup from the hospital stay today. She has been very lethargic in her speech, anxious, cannot sit still yet can't sleep long, cries and feels like she wants to jump out of her skin. There were three sisters there with mom. The doctor told mom that he sees so many older patients with no one that she is very blessed. He changed her from Xanax to Ativan and said she should feel better after two doses. I asked because that is how many she will have today and if she was going to have to wait for relief I was going to ask for a sleeping pill in the interim. The ativan is three times a day. She also takes Lexapro.

Three more doctors have been added to mom's growing list. Neurologist, ENT, and psychiatrist. The others are her primary, kidney, vascular, heart, and oncologist. Overwhelming.

We are going to actively pursue the Plavix issue. I'll keep you posted.

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 01:39:38 PM »

Sounds like your mother is being well cared for and she is very lucky to have all of you.  I hope the anti-anxiety and anti-depressants will work for her along with everything else they are trying. I completely understand what your mother must be going through regarding dealing with kidney disease. I deal with these issues myself and it's a never ending process.Good luck.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:00:34 PM »

ODAT, please check out this site

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-63990-Lexapro+Oral.aspx?drugid=63990&drugname=Lexapro+Oral

My hubby took Ativan for over a year and it seemed to really help him. I'd be concerned about the Lexapro with bleeding problems and kidney disease. Sometimes I really wonder about these doctors. I know it makes me want to  :banghead; so I know what you are going through. Please keep us updated.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 04:36:37 PM »

I take Ativan every night when I go to bed. It's really helped me.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »