I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:31:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  -=-=-=-=- Davita, 2005 Las Vegas Convention SCREENSHOTS! -=-=-=-=-
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: -=-=-=-=- Davita, 2005 Las Vegas Convention SCREENSHOTS! -=-=-=-=-  (Read 53825 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: July 28, 2006, 05:25:22 PM »

Here are screenshots from the Davita 2005 Las Vegas convention. As discussed in this thread: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=736.0 Enjoy.  :o The screenshots really do not do the video justice. So here are 51 screenshots for you to enjoy.

Well that's it, let me know if you wish to see the actual video.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
sandman

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 08:27:38 PM »

Can I ask you all a reasonable question?  Why do some dialysis patients dislike Davita?

*NOTE* I only want to hear from those who have had personal dealings with Davita, not just sarcasm or speculation.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 08:29:18 PM by sandmansa » Logged
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 09:07:28 PM »

Can I ask you all a reasonable question?  Why do some dialysis patients dislike Davita?

*NOTE* I only want to hear from those who have had personal dealings with Davita, not just sarcasm or speculation.

Honestly, Until you have sat in a dialysis chair at a davita and see the corporate bullshit. You would never understand. So explaining to you won't help. Is it not enough that many dialysis patients here dislike davita? Some like davita and some don't bottom line.

But honestly all you have to do is read some of the threads here to get your answers. Davita has been discussed many times. But FYI, I had been with a davita for over 5 years. Most of the people at my center were great, however Davita as a whole pisses a lot of people off.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

sandman

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 09:52:05 PM »

Honestly, Until you have sat in a dialysis chair at a Davita and see the corporate bullshit. You would never understand. So explaining to you won't help.

Epoman!!!  I said, I didn't want to hear the sarcasm.  I only want to hear the cold hard facts as to why someone may want to look elsewhere other then Davita.  I will never understand if I am never told.  Try me.  I may understand more then you think.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 10:00:35 PM »

Honestly, Until you have sat in a dialysis chair at a Davita and see the corporate bullshit. You would never understand. So explaining to you won't help.

Epoman!!!  I said, I didn't want to hear the sarcasm.  I only want to hear the cold hard facts as to why someone may want to look elsewhere other then Davita.  I will never understand if I am never told.  Try me.  I may understand more then you think.

I wasn't being sarcastic  ::) If you want to learn more do a search with the key word "Davita" or read ANY of my threads in the "Centers" section. I hate having to repeat myself. Oh and you will NEVER FULLY understand, even if I sat down and explained it to you for hours. You may understand it from a logic stand point but you would not understand the emotional aspect. And lets pray to GOD you never have to.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 04:49:27 AM »

I wasn't being sarcastic  ::) If you want to learn more do a search with the key word "Davita" or read ANY of my threads in the "Centers" section. I hate having to repeat myself. Oh and you will NEVER FULLY understand, even if I sat down and explained it to you for hours. You may understand it from a logic stand point but you would not understand the emotional aspect. And lets pray to GOD you never have to.
I just woke up and read this. I know Sandman and I can understand he feels like he is on the outside since he has only been introduced to the renal failure world through me. This is all new to him and he has a HUGE desire to learn more. But is frustrated since he has asked so many questions on another site (I won't say which right now .. it is irrelevant) and gotten absolutely no reply as if he does not matter.

He holds your site in such high regard that he hopes to learn what he knows the rest of you do already know. Plus since he is worried about me moving to the States eventually and being part of any dialysis system in is PA area, he worries about me. Plus with my worries already (as I have mentioned in other posts) I think that adds to his worries.

Please be understanding as I am sure you remember how it was when you were first looking for answers and feeling so lost. He is in a world where just only a year ago he never heard the term "hemo dialysis"...

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 11:26:40 AM »

I just woke up and read this. I know Sandman and I can understand he feels like he is on the outside since he has only been introduced to the renal failure world through me. This is all new to him and he has a HUGE desire to learn more. But is frustrated since he has asked so many questions on another site (I won't say which right now .. it is irrelevant) and gotten absolutely no reply as if he does not matter.

He holds your site in such high regard that he hopes to learn what he knows the rest of you do already know. Plus since he is worried about me moving to the States eventually and being part of any dialysis system in is PA area, he worries about me. Plus with my worries already (as I have mentioned in other posts) I think that adds to his worries.

Please be understanding as I am sure you remember how it was when you were first looking for answers and feeling so lost. He is in a world where just only a year ago he never heard the term "hemo dialysis"...

Like I said earlier, he can use the SEARCH function, or read any of my threads in the "CENTERS" section.

Please don't compare me, who was just told I should be dead, and will need to live by a machine, to him looking for answers. Don't get me wrong he is more than welcome here, and I value his membership, BUT you need to remember "sandmansa" is not a patient nor is he a caregiver/spouse. When he wants he can TURN OFF the dialysis thinking, we as patients/caregivers/spouses can not. Try to understand he is welcome here, but it is hard for me to try to explain to someone my "feelings, of why" who has NO idea what I am talking about.

Sandmansa, I am sorry if I offended you and honestly I really do value your membership and can appreciate that you want to learn as much as you can about this disease for angies benefit, you are a good man, and angie is lucky to have you in her life. But if you wish to learn why "I" dislike Davita so much, please go to the "center" section and read any on my threads.  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 11:27:32 AM »

Now what I don't understand is how come no one is replying about the pictures.  ???

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Mom3

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 11:48:59 AM »

They left me speechless.

Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 11:52:06 AM »

They left me speechless.

Mom 3

FINALLY a reply about the "pictures", THANK YOU.

Anyone else? Do know how much time I spent making those pictures, all 50 of them.  :-\

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »

Sandmansa, I am sorry if I offended you and honestly I really do value your membership and can appreciate that you want to learn as much as you can about this disease for angies benefit, you are a good man, and angie is lucky to have you in her life. But if you wish to learn why "I" dislike Davita so much, please go to the "center" section and read any of my threads.  :)
That makes total sense.

About the pics .. I had NO idea that Davita was like that..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 11:58:46 AM by Epoman » Logged

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
MelissaJean

it's better to find peace than understanding

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 11:58:06 AM »

In my very short dealings with Davita (one month), I have been lied to about when they have called for my delivery (which came the day BEFORE I started my first day of work), they didn't even order all the supplies they said they would, I have 3 different nurses who can't seem to communicate about where I was in my trainings, and nearly all of my appointments have been cancelled, made earlier, made later.  I feel like I am a slave to their needs!

As for the pictures Epo, they make me sick.  I don't even know how to START to comment.  I know why they drew out my f@#$ trainings, so they could bill my insurance up the wazoo!  They really should be throwing something like that for their patients.... the workers are getting payed while we get tortured.

~Melissa~

"just run with me through rows of speeding cars"

- Born with Cystic Fibrosis
- Received double lung transplant 11/9/2001
- Complications from transplant:  Diabetes, Kidney Failure
- Started dialysis 6/6/06
jdat

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 12:32:29 PM »

These pictures made me laugh nervously ( thinking... wait? Is this corporate culture at it's worse ? ) and cry at the same time.

And what the heck is dialylize?
Really reassuring that the people who should be the most in the know can't even spell the name of their businesses number one field of work!  >:D
It speaks volumes of the extent of their knowledge ( or perhaps I'll just blame it on a cheap video production company ).
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »

And what the heck is dialylize?
I didn't even notice it was spelled wrong.

Is FMC Fresenius Medical Center? Just making sure.

Duh Vita really seems full of themselves I noticed...

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
jdat

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 12:46:36 PM »

What did I miss?  ;D

Elvis
Three Musketeers
Yoda
The Village People
Corny 70s singers
Zorro?
Sister Marie ( couldn't think of another name )
Trannies on the cheap
Wizard of Oz
Colonialists?
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 01:45:26 PM »

DISGUSTING!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
sandman

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 04:21:58 PM »

In my very short dealings with Davita (one month), I have been lied to about when they have called for my delivery (which came the day BEFORE I started my first day of work), they didn't even order all the supplies they said they would, I have 3 different nurses who can't seem to communicate about where I was in my trainings, and nearly all of my appointments have been cancelled, made earlier, made later.  I feel like I am a slave to their needs!

Thank you so very, VERY much!  THIS is the perfect example reply I was looking for.

Don't get me wrong he is more than welcome here, and I value his membership, BUT you need to remember "sandmansa" is not a patient nor is he a caregiver/spouse. When he wants he can TURN OFF the dialysis thinking, we as patients/caregivers/spouses can not. Try to understand he is welcome here, but it is hard for me to try to explain to someone my "feelings, of why" who has NO idea what I am talking about.

Sandmansa, I am sorry if I offended you and honestly I really do value your membership and can appreciate that you want to learn as much as you can about this disease for angies benefit, you are a good man, and angie is lucky to have you in her life. But if you wish to learn why "I" dislike Davita so much, please go to the "center" section and read any on my threads.  :)

I thank you all for welcoming me here as well.  And your right, I am not a kidney patient nor am I a spouse to one.  At least, not yet anyway.  And also true, if I gave up caring completely, I could "turn off the dialysis thinking" but sitting there telling me strait to my face, that I can not understand is ( in my mind ) a huge slap in the face.  I can not understand because I don't deal with what you do on a daily basis and I can not understand because no one is giving me answers to my questions.  All I asked was what is wrong with Davita as a dialysis company that has so many patients upset with their services.  Sorry Epoman but I did take offense to the following comment....
You would never understand. So explaining to you won't help.
You never even gave me a chance to understand when you yourself had a answer I was looking for but failed to answer because you felt you repeated yourself enough already.  I thought this site was here to HELP others?  Not be-little them because someone "does not understand".  And yes, I know how to use a search feature in a forum but I didn't find the answers I was looking for.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 04:53:10 PM by sandmansa » Logged
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 05:34:56 PM »

Thank you so very, VERY much!  THIS is the perfect example reply I was looking for.

Don't get me wrong he is more than welcome here, and I value his membership, BUT you need to remember "sandmansa" is not a patient nor is he a caregiver/spouse. When he wants he can TURN OFF the dialysis thinking, we as patients/caregivers/spouses can not. Try to understand he is welcome here, but it is hard for me to try to explain to someone my "feelings, of why" who has NO idea what I am talking about.

I thank you all for welcoming me here as well.  And your right, I am not a kidney patient nor am I a spouse to one.  At least, not yet anyway.  And also true, if I gave up caring completely, I could "turn off the dialysis thinking" but sitting there telling me strait to my face, that I can not understand is ( in my mind ) a huge slap in the face.  I can not understand because I don't deal with what you do on a daily basis and I can not understand because no one is giving me answers to my questions.  All I asked was what is wrong with Davita as a dialysis company that has so many patients upset with their services.  Sorry Epoman but I did take offense to the following comment....
You would never understand. So explaining to you won't help.
You never even gave me a chance to understand when you yourself had a answer I was looking for but failed to answer because you felt you repeated yourself enough already.  I thought this site was here to HELP others?  Not be-little them because someone "does not understand".  And yes, I know how to use a search feature in a forum but I didn't find the answers I was looking for.

Sandmansa, the reason I say you could never understand is because, you could NEVER understand. Yes this site is to help others, others meaning patients, caregivers, spouses, or even employees. But currently you are none of those. But that doesn't matter, you are trying to learn which is honorable, but you don't live hooked to a machine so you can't fully understand. Let me explain it this way, a women can explain childbirth to another women, but until that women gives birth on her own that woman will never understand the emotions or the physical strains of childbirth. Sandmansa you just can't relate. And the thing is you don't need to. Why do you feel "it's a slap in the face" telling you that you can not understand. I can't understand what it's like being a diabetic and I would not get mad if a diabetic told me I couldn't understand, because he would be right.

You say you used the search button but found no answers, hmmm, ok well I guess you didn't see these threads:

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=75.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=742.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=41.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=445.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=59.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=126.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=736.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=76.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=648.0
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=231.0

Those ALL have "DAVITA" in the title. Did you REALLY use the search? or did you read those threads, but you still do not find anything wrong with Davita? If after you have read ALL of those threads and you still don't know why some people dislike davita then you just proved my point about you not understanding.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 05:37:09 PM »

Damn this thread got hijacked, can we PLEASE get back on topic. Discuss the pictures? what do you think?  ::)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 06:28:19 PM »

Wow.   :o

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »

I am most confused by a corporation that seems to dote upon its own image, when it should be looking at ways to improve service to customers.  I wonder if this was a company video showing just the fun times.  Were there informative classes behind all this frolic and fun?  If so are they mentioned?  Is the company just having a frolic so its president and mayor can have a healthy self- image? I think Davita had better be careful of its image and what people are going to think of it. Also dialysis is a small world and the rest of the world probably could not give a good rip about Davita and its shenanigans. We do give a rip because it directly affects some of us. So what do we do as patients to help Davita see the error of its ways?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 08:34:41 PM »

Something is going on with their stock price too (symbol - DVA).  Check out the chart for the last 6 months.  There has been no public disclosure of information which explains this decline in price.  Last year there were forcasts of the low $70s; now stockholders are happy to see it above the low $50s.

This debacle in Las Vegas looks too much like the excesses of the executives at Enron and Home Gold/Carolina Investors.  Albeit on a much smaller scale, but people are sick of executives being so free with money which does nothing for their stockholders or customers.

Do these people not know how to have fun without unnecessary extravagance and without losing their dignity?  We can't expect them to respect their patients when they apparently have no respect for themselves.  It appears they are immature, wasteful, ridiculous and many seem to be engaging in behavior which appears to almost breach the borderline of debauchery.

The saddest thing is that I've heard and read that in many communities DaVita is the better choice over their competitors.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
sandman

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 08:44:59 PM »

Sandmansa, the reason I say you could never understand is because, you could NEVER understand. Yes this site is to help others, others meaning patients, caregivers, spouses, or even employees. But currently you are none of those. But that doesn't matter, you are trying to learn which is honorable, but you don't live hooked to a machine so you can't fully understand.

Okay, point made.  I am not a patient, caregiver, spouse, or even an employee but I am a "boyfriend" to a patient.  That should at least account for something.  Let me ask you this.  What the hell does that have to do with my wanting to learn about renal failure anyway?  Simply telling me that since I am none of the above, I can't understand and that it would be a waste of time trying to answer my perfectly reasonable questions is insulting to say the least.  I do realize that I can not comprehend what is like to live without kidneys or to be on dialysis so your absolutely right about how I will not truly understand that part but I have spent nearly 2 and a half months time living with Angie and sat by her side every day that she went to dialysis.  I know that isn't much but I have had a taste of what life is like being involved with a kidney patient and I am fully prepared to take on the role of "spouse" as well.  All I ask is for enough respect to be treated like anyone else here, not like an outsider who couldn't possably understand anything because I don't have enough merit.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 08:46:47 PM by sandmansa » Logged
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 09:06:03 PM »

Sandmansa, the reason I say you could never understand is because, you could NEVER understand. Yes this site is to help others, others meaning patients, caregivers, spouses, or even employees. But currently you are none of those. But that doesn't matter, you are trying to learn which is honorable, but you don't live hooked to a machine so you can't fully understand.

Okay, point made.  I am not a patient, caregiver, spouse, or even an employee but I am a "boyfriend" to a patient.  That should at least account for something.  Let me ask you this.  What the hell does that have to do with my wanting to learn about renal failure anyway?  Simply telling me that since I am none of the above, I can't understand and that it would be a waste of time trying to answer my perfectly reasonable questions is insulting to say the least.  I do realize that I can not comprehend what is like to live without kidneys or to be on dialysis so your absolutely right about how I will not truly understand that part but I have spent nearly 2 and a half months time living with Angie and sat by her side every day that she went to dialysis.  I know that isn't much but I have had a taste of what life is like being involved with a kidney patient and I am fully prepared to take on the role of "spouse" as well.  All I ask is for enough respect to be treated like anyone else here, not like an outsider who couldn't possably understand anything because I don't have enough merit.

You're not asking about renal failure in this thread are you? You were asking about Davita correct? So did you at least read the links I gave you? And if not why didn't you, and if you did what do you think of davita now?

I'm sorry sandmansa you are an outsider. Until you have needles stuck in you for dialysis, or a tube coming out if your stomach, Marry Angie, OR until you at the VERY least live in the same COUNTRY as Angie, you ARE an outsider. I'm sorry but it's true. I'm not trying to be mean. I like you, I really do. You can understand the medical portion of our strife and you can become very educated on ESRD, but you can not understand the emotional aspect, the emotional strain on our Psyche. Here's another example: I can explain to you how much it sucks to be in a wheelchair, BUT even if you sit in my wheelchair for 24 hours, you know at the end of those 24 hours you WILL be able to get up and go for a run. So no matter what I tell you about how it sucks to not be able to walk or the struggles I face everyday you will never understand unless you end up in a wheelchair yourself. Does that make any sense?

So let me know what you think of davita after you read those links I provided.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Mom3

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2006, 09:14:41 PM »

I'm curious as to you were able to take the pictures since it was for staff only and not patients. Is there a story there?

Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »