I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  Nurse Practitioner or Nephrologist????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nurse Practitioner or Nephrologist????  (Read 3878 times)
CCHT_8o8

I suffer from CSI (C.ant S.tand I.gnorance)

« on: February 02, 2008, 04:39:05 PM »

True story, does this happen in your state??? 

When I lived in Hawaii, we had a husband & wife team.  The husband is the nephrologist and the wife is the Nurse Practitioner.  Why is it that the WIFE is always writing new orders for the patients?  Why is the HUSBAND never around?  I spoke to a few patients under this doc and they all want to change to a different doc because of her.  They never get good clearance (yellow light, URR is always less than 70%) and never move on to a higher gauge needle than 17, they'll get 16 if they're lucky.  Their run time is always more than 4 hours.  QB (blood flow) is never more than 300.  QD (dialysate flow) is never more than 800.  This doc doesn't allow the use of sodium modeling.  What I found out about this doc is that he's using something they're doing in Japan... run time 4 hours or more with a blood flow less than 300, some patients with 250 ONLY.  I don't get it???  In Japan, the mortality rate is lower but they run needles in BOTH arms.  Now there's a lawsuit pending against this doctor and the wife but yet they're still allowed to accept new patients???  What do you folks think??  I can't disclose the name of the doctor, but I can guarantee that they'll be making headlines soon.   ???

No fear of change
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 04:57:30 PM »

There are good ones and bad ones out there. I had one that was awful. I thought it was just me, but I wasn't the only person that almost died at his hands.  :(
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »