I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  Nephrologist
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nephrologist  (Read 17792 times)
anja

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 09:40:57 PM »

I also have a super nephrologist.  He was injured a few years ago and has back and neck problems.  He is always able to be reached, I even called him at home last evening when my father was feeling so very nauseous.  He spends time with us and yet keeps his practice going all by himself!  He really cares about all his patients and he was a pharmacist before being a neph., that is a great help for the patients also!  He always takes into consideration which drugs are the most kidney-friendly.  He even asked if I would consider taking fish oil since my cholesterol is stubborn in coming down~ don't find many docs that suggest non-prescription remedies.  Our entire family feels fortunate that he is Dad's and my main doctor! 
Krisna

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 07:20:20 PM »

My doctor requires monthly check ups, but then he doesn't come to my unit.  I guess it depends on the doctor and the unit. 

I am lucky to have a doctor who is rated one of the best in the area by Seattle Magazine! 

Nov. 1979 - Diagnosed with glomerulonephritis of unknown origin by Dr. Robert
                  Hickman
Dec. 1979 - Diagnosed with Viral Pneumonia
Late Dec. 1979 - Emergency surgery to place a Scribner Shunt in left arm for dialysis
Jan. 1980 - Start hemodialysis until recovered from viral pneumonia
Feb. 27, 1980 - Receive 5 antigen living related transplant from father
Mar. 3, 1987 - PTH removed and part of one placed in left arm.  Fistula also placed in right arm.
Sept. 1988 - Start hemodialysis
Feb. 4, 1989 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Jan. 1994 - Return to hemodialysis
Oct. 18, 1996 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Nov. 22, 1996 - Emergency surgery to repair aneurysm to artery in kidney
Dec. 20, 1996 - Emergency surgery to repair aneurysm.  Kidney removed due to infection which has spread down right leg to abt mid thigh.
Apr. 1997 - Arterial bypass surgery to restore arterial blood flow to right leg
July 29, 1998 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Sept. 6, 2002 - Return to hemodialysis
Dec. 7, 2002 Sm. intestine ruptures while home alone. Still conscious upon arrival at hospital.
Dec. 8. 2002 - Surgery to repair ruptured bowel.  The prognosis is not good.  Surgeon tells family to prepare for the worse.  Spend a week in a coma and 3 months in hospital.  Takes abt a year and a half to completely recover.
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 12:10:41 PM »

I see mine once a month for clinic (I'm on pd). I talk to my nurse a lot more though, I see her maybe twice a month, talk to her a little more than that maybe, sometimes. She draws the blood for our monthly tests.  I really like my neph though. He is good about recognizing my right to make choices. He just says this is the situation, these are the ways to fix it. Which would work best for you? 
Krisna

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 09:57:02 PM »

My Neph is cool and looks out for everyones best interest.
Here is a pic of my neph. Dr Agra.

Duane, please tell me his first name isnt "Vi"  ;)   lol, j/k, sorry, bad joke  ::)  (oh come on, you know you all were thinking the same thing) :P

Omg!  I wish I'd thought of that!   :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Nov. 1979 - Diagnosed with glomerulonephritis of unknown origin by Dr. Robert
                  Hickman
Dec. 1979 - Diagnosed with Viral Pneumonia
Late Dec. 1979 - Emergency surgery to place a Scribner Shunt in left arm for dialysis
Jan. 1980 - Start hemodialysis until recovered from viral pneumonia
Feb. 27, 1980 - Receive 5 antigen living related transplant from father
Mar. 3, 1987 - PTH removed and part of one placed in left arm.  Fistula also placed in right arm.
Sept. 1988 - Start hemodialysis
Feb. 4, 1989 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Jan. 1994 - Return to hemodialysis
Oct. 18, 1996 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Nov. 22, 1996 - Emergency surgery to repair aneurysm to artery in kidney
Dec. 20, 1996 - Emergency surgery to repair aneurysm.  Kidney removed due to infection which has spread down right leg to abt mid thigh.
Apr. 1997 - Arterial bypass surgery to restore arterial blood flow to right leg
July 29, 1998 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Sept. 6, 2002 - Return to hemodialysis
Dec. 7, 2002 Sm. intestine ruptures while home alone. Still conscious upon arrival at hospital.
Dec. 8. 2002 - Surgery to repair ruptured bowel.  The prognosis is not good.  Surgeon tells family to prepare for the worse.  Spend a week in a coma and 3 months in hospital.  Takes abt a year and a half to completely recover.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »