I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:57:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  Thanks for the cold, doc!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks for the cold, doc!  (Read 6677 times)
LightLizard

« on: June 11, 2007, 09:57:01 AM »

Two weekends ago, I was contacted by the peritoneal clinic. They told me they had been contacted by a company that was demonstrating a new type of ultra-sound and they wanted to get some dialysis patients to come and act as models for teaching the doctors how it worked. They offered me 100 dollars a day to just lay there for 2 hours, while different doctors came around and received instruction from the main doctor, who was leading the presentation for the company.
The problem is, this main doctor was sneezing and sniffling all through the demo, so here I am now, sneezing and sniffling, sore throat, congested sinuses, etc...with a cold. :-[
I guess I should have known better, or at least, when he started sniffing and sneezing around me, I should have gotten up and left, immediately. But, it was a rare opportunity for me to actually make some money, and that's something I haven't done in a long time! Oh yeah, they lied about that, too. They only paid me 50 bucks a day.
How can a doctor be so blatantly stupid as to request the presence of dialysis patients when they are carrying a virus?
So, here's to stupid, idiot, greedy doctor pigs like that one. I know there are some good ones out there, but that guy proves that education doesn't equate with intelligence at all. At least, it doesn't in his case.
*koff*koff*

*sniffle*
 ::)

love

~LL~
st789

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 10:11:49 AM »

What happended to the other 50 bucks?  Education doesn't equate with intelligence.

Koff Koff.....cold viruses.

Where are the lawyers when you need one?  Can you them for fraud and endangerment?  $$$$$
LightLizard

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 11:06:16 AM »

the nurse that called me for the job had heard from other patients that were involved, and they too only got paid 50, as oppossed to 100, dollars a day for their participation. she was very angry about that. i think she felt responsible, because she had only told us what they had told her, that we would be paid 100 dollars a day, 200 dollars total, and nobody was paid that. she called me a few days ago to say that she was taking action and would be getting the balance from them for all of us.
as for the cold i've gotten, i guess that's my bonus.
i don't see the point in pursuing it much farther, and anyway, i'm severely allergic to lawyers.
i don't mean to sound like i'm bitching and moaning, but i hope this info will help to remind some of us how easy it is for a dialysis patient to get a virus from un-thinking doctors and other beasts.
;)
st789

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 11:23:57 AM »

I was trying to put humurous into the event.  Agree, no lawyers are needed in this case.  Hope you get the full compensation as they promised.
LightLizard

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 01:46:23 PM »

thanks st.

i guess my sense of humour has a bit of the cold, too.... :-\
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 02:10:11 PM »

Hey LightLizard, hope your feeling better soon, damn dr.  >:(  I also hope you and the others get the remaining balance,  :P

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
LightLizard

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 03:08:28 PM »

thanks nina. the ultra-sound event was attended by a lot of doctors from all over the world. the one who was sneezing and sniffing was a chinese doctor from winnipeg, i think.
i just hope he wasn't carrying some form of exotic bug, but i guess there's no sense in worrying about it.
it just feels like a common cold, for now, so hopefully, i won't need anti-biotics to kick it.

love

~LL~
LightLizard

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 11:02:10 AM »

I'd like to get hold of that doctor and remind him of the 'Hippocratic Oath'-
a lot of doctors could use a review of it, I think. Many of them have tacked on an addendum of sorts, 'First; do no harm-TO MY BANK ACCOUNT.'
It would be a great idea, I think, to institute a law that required politicians to take the same oath, and if they are shown to have violated the oath, they would be dismissed with no pension.
But, this ain't no 'brave new world' yet, and it probably never will be...

love

~LL~
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 05:28:27 PM »

Now that he is better mail him some cold germs to his office. Hehehehe

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
LightLizard

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 06:44:49 PM »

i couldn't do that!

i'd rather go sneeze on him, in person. :angel;
bdpoe

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »

How sanitary is your clinic, nurse, doctor ect? Was this doc wearing a face mask? Did he wash his hands and wear gloves?
Truth is it is very common for staff to spread all kinds of infections to patients.

I read that you have 1 in 136 chance of being harmed or infected in a US hospitals. I suspect clinics and labs
are similar.

Get Well Soon
........bd
LightLizard

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 12:52:45 PM »

good points bd. the doc was not wearing a mask or gloves. >:(  he was there more as an instructor than a doctor, but it doesn't make it any better, as far as the cold goes. it's been with me a week now, and my B/P dropped so low today, (76/51) that i called the clinic and spoke to a nurse there.
she told me i've been using too strong a dialysis fluid, (2.5) and have dehydrated myself, so i get to drink some salty broth (yum) and have to keep up with the fluids and lower the dialysis fluid to 1.5 over the weekend. she also recommended benyln-e for my chest congestion, so we'll see how it goes over the next few daze.
i really don't want to have to get antibiotics to kick this thing.

love

~LL~
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »