I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Constipation and dialysis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Constipation and dialysis  (Read 1602 times)
SweetyPie

« on: February 17, 2019, 08:22:14 PM »

Does constipation make dialysis treatments difficult? I could barely pull .3 thursday without feeling like I was gonna faint but on Saturday I pulled 1 kilo fine...
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 10:46:27 PM »

Yes it does, not the constipation but the extra weight, if you have an extra kilo of backup and you try to reach dry weight you are actually going a kilo under.  I maintain a high fiber, lots of fruit diet to try and avoid the problem.

Sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 07:59:03 AM by cassandra » Logged
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 05:18:36 AM »

Like Michael said, the more responsible diet the better the intestinal and bowel function.

I avoid flour products like breads, noodles, 'coated fried foods, and eat cheese in small quantities ass all of these contribute to farming solid constipating masses in me.

Fresh and frozen veggies, fruits contribute lots of water soluble fibers whic promote softening and easier bowel movements.

When all else fails, half dose of Miralax morning and night aids in retaining water soluble bulk.

I am not a fan of those little red gel caps of stool softeners.  Basically they are little more than a drop of oil
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »