I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:27:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Don't feel well
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't feel well  (Read 1710 times)
SweetyPie

« on: February 07, 2019, 03:38:09 AM »

Hey everyone,

Latley I havent been feeling my 100% best. Dialysis treatments are going fine its just after. I feel like death. Yes death. My face is pale and my body wants to pass out because its so weak. I dont know how I wait for my dad to pick me up. When I reach home I pass out on the couch (sleep) and my mom was calling me and got frightened because I wasnt waking up. Im a light sleeper so thats why. I also wanted to mention maybe this is wisdom tooth sugery related?  My recovery has been quite rough on me and I have to b.c. est with my front teeth still and its been 2 weeks since the sugery. There are still some days I have to take tylenol 3 because the pain sometimes. Sometimes the feeling drags on to the next day which is odd because after a day im ok.
UkrainianTracksuit

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 04:59:37 AM »

Hi Aisha, I'm sorry that you continue to feel so rough. No fun at all.  :'(

As I always say, if you have concerns, discuss them with your doctor, as they have more insight and better able to help you. Sometimes it's tough, I get it, because they just don't seem to care and forget a lot about their patients. But still, ask for insight.

As for how you feel now, you have definitely been through a lot in the last couple of weeks. Your body still needs to heal from the wisdom teeth removal and if you aren't getting enough calories, because you can't eat as usual, you'll feel drained. I had my wisdom teeth out in a day surgery procedure at the hospital a handful of years ago and I had to live on jell-o, pudding and meal replacements. That was tough to do while watching my fluid intake. But, I wasn't getting enough nutrition either, to heal and feed my body, so I felt rotten.

If you are eating a lot of soft foods, even yogurt and such, remember having excess fluid can make us feel gross too. But, as you said dialysis is fine, I guess your weigh-ins/weight outs are okay. Is your dry weight the same and all?

As for how you feel after dialysis, it is pretty normal to pass out after a session. (As in sleep! Not lose consciousness! We'd really have a problem then!  :lol;) At least I did! When I did evening sessions, I got off the machine at 8 pm and slept 12 hours! And I know what it's like to feel like death too. But there are some things to consider here as well: you are tiny framed to begin with and you are eating less, it would seem, due to the dental surgery. HD is tough on the body to start with so it must be even more of a struggle as you recover from surgery and your body is a little weaker.

Between dialysis and Tylenol 3, and your healing body, I can totally understand your body needing more rest, or deeper sleep, than usual. There are days where my husband would shake me awake because I was in some kind of la la land sleep zone. If all your other levels and functions are okay, I would chalk it up to what your body has been through, but if you have concerns something might be off, definitely check with your doctor.

It's good that you feel better after some time though. It just sounds like with your small frame and last few weeks, your body is a little fed up with it all!
GA_DAWG

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 06:56:05 AM »

I agree with Ukrainian Tracksuit. Because of how small you are, recovery from having the wisdom teeth removed is going to be harder on you, especially if you still find it hard to eat foods with the protein in them that you need after dialysis. The sleep is pretty normal, but also likely more because of your size and not being able to eat. Ask the doctors and listen to your body. It will usually tell you what it needs. Hope you get to feeling better.
SweetyPie

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 01:55:28 PM »

Thank you guys. What you guys are saying makes sense. My weigh ins have been normal. I only gain between .5 and .7
Dialysis alone is tough on my body and at the moment my body isnt even recovered. My doctor is something special. In the past I complained abou weak legs and arms and he said hmmm Im not sure that kidney related. I did resesrch and it was low potassium. So I never really asked him anything after that
Marilee

Hubby was a PD Person - I was 'support'

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 08:19:27 AM »

Hi Aaisha - I missed this post originally, but I hope you're starting to feel stronger by now.

As my hubby would say, "Don't let what you can't do get in the way of what you can."
SweetyPie

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 08:20:30 PM »

I am feeling better than before. But there are still those days after dialysis where I pass out but its better.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »