I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:04:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Social Workers of Dialysis Centers That Are All But Useless.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Social Workers of Dialysis Centers That Are All But Useless.....  (Read 12191 times)
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2018, 11:33:44 AM »

I did PD for 4 and a half years before I started hemo, plus I did it for a year and a half while I was a child, so I do understand how it works.  It is a different thing.  PD is not as hard on the body as hemo is.  It's much gentler if done right, and Mr. Ken, I'm not sure if it's being done right with you.  I can't imagine doing more than 2000mls in a fill, unless you were an incredibly huge person, like Shaq, maybe.  I think that would be incredibly uncomfortable

Sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 04:20:32 AM by cassandra » Logged

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2018, 02:39:47 PM »

Also, you can hold meetings in your office while PD drains - just pull up close to the desk and nobody will even notice.  BTDT.

If you have any residual renal function, PD preserves it longer whereas HD accelerates the decline.
Mr Ken

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2018, 03:35:09 PM »

Also, you can hold meetings in your office while PD drains - just pull up close to the desk and nobody will even notice.  BTDT.

:laugh: Just discretely connect the hose..... Excuse me folks while I drain.......

If you have any residual renal function, PD preserves it longer whereas HD accelerates the decline.

Yep PD has a lot of advantages but it is so LONG time wise...........
GA_DAWG

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »

Riki, the one thing I can fully agree about, though I have never done PD, is not having to deal with the idiot patients who have to have their TVs turned loud or looudly talk on the phoe. I would add one other, popping chewing gum. I simply do no understand what makes some think they have the right to intrude on everyone else's personal space. I fully understand why teachers forbid gum in classes. There are times I would love to ask to be disconnected just long enough to slap the gum from their mouths.
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2018, 10:50:40 AM »

Can't say any of the four social workers  I've had did anything for me.

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Mr Ken

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »

Can't say any of the four social workers  I've had did anything for me.

This particular case I explained to Tom in detail what my issues were and how the dialysis treatments are affecting those issues. Asking for help and having hi response with I am not your personal secretary and abruptly leave is unacceptable. He is a worthless piece if crap. He better not come pouncing around with something for me to sign because I will give him a ten minute lecture before I kick him out. 
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2018, 07:19:28 AM »

I've found dialysis social workers to be useful for basic insurance questions.
Mr Ken

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2018, 09:09:31 AM »

I've found dialysis social workers to be useful for basic insurance questions.

In their best interest yes to make sure the facility gets paid...... Other than that it is best to call medicare or the insurance company directly. Because Dialysis impacts many things a social worker is someone you should be able to lean on for help with issues that are impacted by being on dialysis.

A social worker has a job to serve the patients...  I am not done with this piece of crap. I just placed a call into the manager of the facility... I could roll with a lot of punches with high tolerance but in this case Tommy would be FIRED! Sorry you do not fit in with our values here..... Not only is he part time he would be no time.
Mr Ken

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2018, 05:45:06 PM »

Mr. Ken, I'm not sure if it's being done right with you.  I can't imagine doing more than 2000mls in a fill, unless you were an incredibly huge person, like Shaq, maybe.  I think that would be incredibly uncomfortable

Oh know it is very uncomfortable. I am a little big but enough is enough....... The Kt/V number is around 1.2 they need to see 1.7 so they say....... Longer dwell time, more solution, and extra exchange...... I told them this is it.... I do not give a crap what the Kt/V is. I am not going higher than 2800ml or am I doing more than 5 exchanges..... I gave into this not anymore though. Already at the impractical border..

Then of course you are told if you go for transplant evaluation they are going to ask why you have not been compliant... That is when you get legal representation to have them answer the question as to reasonable and impractical. It is all a numbers game..... I am going through hell because of it...

Sp mod Cas
[/quote]
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2018, 03:59:51 PM »

Now since we have "sorted" the unwillingness of "our" charities and organisations, would it be perhaps a good idea to write about this to your MP ? Or is there perhaps a chance to ask someone else at the Council ?

Council would be useless, am considering writing to my MP, in the new year.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »