I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  Doctor! Where!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Doctor! Where!  (Read 5417 times)
kevno

« on: February 16, 2006, 02:31:10 PM »

>:( Today I was in pain with my foot I have. Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD).  Who would think you could be in so much pain with your feet.  Two of my toes have gone black, I lost half a toe last year. Anyway back to the story.  Limped onto the unit sat on the chair, told the nurses straight away about how painful my foot was. The time was 7.45am.  The Nurse went to try to find a doctor, but there was none about. They where all at the renal Clinic.  So the Unit had no proper cover.  I just could not sit still in the chair.  My pulse was 150.  At 12noon a Doctor turns up.  Ask for an ECG gives me tramadol for the pain. Asked for my toes to be dressed each dailysis.  Plus now have to see a vask surgeon. I hate seeing surgeons. :(. May lose another toe. Been a renal patient for to long.  Thats what the DOCTOR said!!!!!! :o

Kevno
(What do there want you to do? Just roll over and die! No chance I will fight to the end!)

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 07:51:52 PM »

>:( Today I was in pain with my foot I have. Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD).  ...
Kevno
(What do there want you to do? Just roll over and die! No chance I will fight to the end!)

Buerger's Disease?

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
kevno

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 02:26:02 PM »

No not Buerger's Disease.  I have been a renal patient for over thirty years now, the veins in my feet have calcified.  So two toes on my right foot have gone very red and a bit Black.  Plus the big toe on the left foot. Just been  given pain killers, plus going for scans on my legs to see if the veins have got any worse. The doctors did the scan two years ago, when it first started. My hand does go numb but that is known as "Steel Syndrome."

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 07:15:31 PM »

My surgeon told me they call it the "Steel Syndrome" because the fistula steels the blood supply from the hand.   :o

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »