I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  My doctor was cool
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My doctor was cool  (Read 4744 times)
hephziba

« on: July 10, 2006, 05:11:36 PM »

All the time I was on Haemo we had a great consultant, very human very caring , it seems He had maintained His original goal, To Help People !!!!

If I got an infection and really didn't wan't the line taking out He would discuss all other options with me, many times we managed to work together to subdue infections and I kept my line, He was there whenever I needed to talk or get some advice, He said If I needed Him just leave a note and He will make an appointment.

What else, well at apointments He would include my wife in everything, ask her how she thought it was going, what problems she was having, if there was anything else He could do.

and when the hospital damaged my arm He wept as He apologised. thats right Real Compassion.

and If I was rushed into hospital emergency room, He would arrive within three hours and take charge of my treatment, His name was respected by all the doctors in the hospital, and all the nurses for that reason. Hail the super doctor.

how about any of you, have you had any wonderfull renal doctors. ???

God who comforts the downhearted comforted me again by your visit.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 07:24:16 PM »

Wow Heph,  i think you got the one in a million dr.   :D  My dr. is a workaholic,  he works day and night, sometimes he falls asleep sitting up or it looks like he is falling asleep while you are talking to him, lol,  kinda funny but also scary too.  He is a very popular dr. and he is great with his patients, (if and when he sees us)  but he is very caring also and does what it takes to make you more comfortable.   

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 10:03:36 PM »

The one that stand out in my mind is Dr. Obermiller from Spokane.  He was the one that met me in ER 20 years ago to tell me I had Kidney Failure.  He has always told me the truth even though it isn't pretty sometimes.  He is always working.  Good for us patients, bad for his family of a wife and 6 kids.  He is the best I've come across.

kevno

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 10:29:30 AM »

Yes, Dr Turner he died last month (not what you lot think he was 91 years old) He was my first Doctor 34years ago. Always remember him as being the only doctor who would only try to get a needle in me once. All the other doctors would try until I was screaming the place down. I was only six at the time. Always got a lolly pop of him for being good when taking blood. None of the other doctors did that. (not even now ;D)

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 03:58:43 AM »

Dr. Geary from Toronto's Sick Kid's Hospital. I don't have much memory from my childhood (I assume part of being sick since birth for 16 years) but I do remember he had a son who had renal failure so he was very understanding and into his work so much because it hit a personal note with him.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »