I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:36:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories
| | |-+  Traveling to Disney- Question about setting up appointments
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Traveling to Disney- Question about setting up appointments  (Read 3496 times)
darkpixie08

« on: January 25, 2014, 09:52:10 AM »

We plan to travel to Disney in September, and my mother is currently working with the social worker at their local clinic to get appointments at one of the clinics in the Orlando area.  How long does it usually take for the social worker to set up and get appointments?  They've been giving her a really hard time about it, and telling her that it can take a couple months, and that even if they get the appointment that she can then be bumped if one of the regulars at the clinic wants to change their appointment time.  I realize that they may be restricted to less optimal times because of the regular standing appointments, but I can't imagine it would take two to three months to get appointments, or that they appointments once made can be shifted and bumped.  Is that something that happens?  Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks!
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:17:22 AM »

Nothing in finalized till one month or less before the date you are requesting. In 8 years I have never heard of  a traveler being bumped because a regular has requested a shift change. If you dialyze with Fresineus at home you can use any company with an opening when you travel. DaVita, ARA or whatever company is in the area where you are going. Orlando has more than one center.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »