I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  what gives?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what gives?  (Read 3122 times)
sullidog
Elite Member

« on: March 22, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »

So today the nurse came to me and said my neph wanted me to try the dipperitimal one more time to see if I have the chest pains, uh is he crazy? I tried 3 times already! He doesn't believe me, cause he says only the iv version gives you chestpains, I think he is full of crap. I will go see my v surgeon on Monday to see what he says since he's the one that gave me plavix in the first place, my neph switched me. What does he want an er report to proove my complaint? I wish doctors would start listening more to patients then decide what they wanna do, uh no I'm not going through hell with chestpains again thank you very much. He is also saying it's something else, well since I've been off of that med I feel fine.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Annig83

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 06:42:54 PM »

You, as a patient have the right to say NO!  You don't have to take anything you aren't comfortable in taking...and YES, I would get the ER report and have them fax it to your doctor.

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »