I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  rant about my doctor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: rant about my doctor  (Read 3230 times)
sullidog
Elite Member

« on: February 05, 2011, 03:59:15 PM »

Ok, so most of you if not all of you know about my issues with my current graft, well after two weeks of being worked on by a totally different surgeon, it's doing the same thing again, it's narrowing off and the only place they can canulate now is up where the graft loops into the armpit, if they stick anywhere else the blood looks like grit going through the line and I don't get good flows and lots of alarms.
Well I told my doctor my frustrations and concerns and he said well your last urr looks ok so unfortunetly you are just gonna have to deal with it and we aren't going to place another access until the surgeon notifies me he can not open this one, ok so my monthlys where taken after the last time it was open that's probably it's good, now 3 weeks later it needs to be plastied again? That is unacceptible to me! My surgeon even offered a couple of options to a thy graft to a hero device but my doctor says those aren't an option, what's he to tell me that I can't have those options? I think he's violating my patient rights. I even have one of those new stent grafts put in but that doesn't seem to be working either. Something has got to give or I will make sh*t hit the fan and it won't be pretty!
I'm thinking of just switching doctors if he's not going to give me what I want.
Troy

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
RealityCheck

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 06:26:32 AM »

What ended up happening?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »