I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  Personal Care Physician
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Personal Care Physician  (Read 5577 times)
Bub

« on: April 29, 2009, 12:38:50 PM »

Slightly off topic but I was trying to move in to HUD housing for disable.  Was approved except form sent to doctor (Personal Care Doc).  He waited a week then called me and ask "For what reason do you consider yourself disable and qualifying for this type of housing?" I took it to social working at center, she paid him a visit and I had the signed form 30 minutes later.  Moving in to my new apartment tonight!!!!!! Looking for new doctor now.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:10:31 PM »

Way to go! :2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
cookie2008

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »

Good news

Started PD in 11/07
Started Hemo in 7/08
Started NxStage 5/09
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 02:24:34 PM »

Don't you wish doctors could live with everything you have for just 24 hours.  Might change there mind a little.  Anyways really glad you got it taken care of.

:cuddle;

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
Bub

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »

Hurray  :bandance; moving in tomorrow.  $300 cheaper than where I am now. I would love to have doc deal with my issues for 24 hrs.  I would also love to dialysis center employees sit for 4 and 1/2 hrs in the chair just once to see what it is like.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:48:56 PM »

Bub, that is wonderful news!  Enjoy your new place!  $300 is a big savings   :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:21:09 PM »

I always wish I had the power of transference.  The doctor looks over my labs and says, "Well, I don't know why you feel so awful and are having so many problems.  Your labs look fine."

I would take his hand, close my eyes and transfer everything I was experiencing at that moment into his body for him to enjoy.

Dizziness would flood his head.  He'd feel as though he'd want to vomit.  He's immediately need to use one of the treatment chairs to lie down.  He'd be forced to take the next three weeks off just to catch up on rest.  Pounds would melt off because he had no appetite or couldn't keep anything down.

After I felt he'd suffered enough, I'd take his hand again and remove my health issues.

Until we have the power to do that, doctors will never change.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 11:23:35 PM »

My oncologist (for multiple myeloma) was talking about getting into 'remission' and whether it was likely or not.  I said - but if I don't get into remission then I can't get on the transplant list!  He then said "oh, but you're quite happy with the dialysis aren't you?"  I nearly fell off my chair.  I realised then that I need to be careful how I phrase what I say about the big D.  Yes, it works well for me, and yes, PD is fantastic, but that doesn't mean I'd CHOOSE it!  Argghhh.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 06:28:03 AM »

I always wish I had the power of transference.  The doctor looks over my labs and says, "Well, I don't know why you feel so awful and are having so many problems.  Your labs look fine."

I would take his hand, close my eyes and transfer everything I was experiencing at that moment into his body for him to enjoy.

Dizziness would flood his head.  He'd feel as though he'd want to vomit.  He's immediately need to use one of the treatment chairs to lie down.  He'd be forced to take the next three weeks off just to catch up on rest.  Pounds would melt off because he had no appetite or couldn't keep anything down.

After I felt he'd suffered enough, I'd take his hand again and remove my health issues.

Until we have the power to do that, doctors will never change.

:rofl;   :rofl;   :rofl;  You sound like "The Giver" (ever read that book)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:44:45 AM by Rerun » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »