I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:09:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Kent J. Thiry, chairman of the board and CEO of Davita. WOW must be nice!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kent J. Thiry, chairman of the board and CEO of Davita. WOW must be nice!  (Read 43623 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: September 26, 2005, 06:41:53 PM »

(Please see attached pictures below)

Must be nice, hey "Kent" how about giving each patient one share of stock every year for Christmas instead of those stupid pillows?
YOU personally have over 2 Million shares of vested/non vested Davita stock, plus you make $2 Million+ a year in salary and bonuses.

After all Davita NET over $222 Million dollars (after taxes) in 2004. So giving us patients (THE REASON FOR THAT MONEY) a piece of the pie would be the right thing to do!

Lets do the math shall we?:

Current stock price of Davita (DAV) as of 9/26/05 $46.79 so multiply by 54,000 patients = Just over 2.5 Million, So $222 Million subtract 2.5 Million Davita would still NET over $219 Million not bad if you ask me.

Imagine the free publicity you would get as a company and how many people would think differently of Davita if you did something as wonderful as that. Remember your motto "To be the Provider, Partner and Employer of Choice"

After all you give great benefits to your employees. (See picture below "Kents" salary chart)

But I am stupid to think that you really give a rats ass about us dying patients.

Remember "Kent" we are a Village  ::) by the way I gave that stupid "Davita he/she gives life" pillow to a neighbors cat, but even the cat didn't want it which is why it crapped on it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:26:10 PM by kitkatz » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
LifeOnHold

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 08:35:01 PM »

Apparently, your 'benefit' is that they don't kill you!   :-\

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 08:42:06 PM »

Apparently, your 'benefit' is that they don't kill you!   :-\

So what do you think of my post/pictures? a little extreme?  ;)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

LifeOnHold

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 10:42:21 PM »

It's the truth, it's not extreme.

(But I can almost guarantee that Davita people coming to your site will be pretty ticked off... us patients aren't supposed to know about this stuff.)

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 07:19:57 PM »

It's the truth, it's not extreme.

(But I can almost guarantee that Davita people coming to your site will be pretty ticked off... us patients aren't supposed to know about this stuff.)

Yeah but all the things I post here anyone can get off the internet already. I'm not posting anything that isn't already available. I'm just making it easier to find.  ;)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Oc

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 07:57:09 PM »

Now this is a refreshing thread.  Completely unlike the sanitized crap on the Davita site.

Yes, I'm one of their patients.  I think "grrrrrr" is a great first response.

Anyone seen a spare kidney lying around?   ;D
pagandialysis

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »

I am very close to deleting my Davita forum account. They moderate all my posts and it drives me nuts.

Sure, I have a spare kidney, it doesn't work but I have it.

Dining on Dialysis - www.diningondialysis.com
-------------------------------------------------------------
Kidney Transplant (December 31, 2014),
Dialysis-Hemo (Started May 17, 2011. Ended December 29, 2014),
AV Fistula #2 (This one is a Basilic Transposition),
CKD (IgA Nephropathy) Stage 5,
Hypertension (Under Control)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 02:40:24 PM »

Epoman is no longer with us, PaganD, but he started this site because of his frustration with Davita editing out every negative comment.  He, like so many of us who have found a home here, thought we should be informed about all of D, the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Pollyanna pictures of happy people hooked to their machines do not help you survive!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

pagandialysis

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 09:55:27 AM »

Wow, I just overheard this from a nurse. It seems he also only gives them one fifteen minute break and a thirty minute lunch but takes out an hour from their paycheck. Talk about money grubbing.

Dining on Dialysis - www.diningondialysis.com
-------------------------------------------------------------
Kidney Transplant (December 31, 2014),
Dialysis-Hemo (Started May 17, 2011. Ended December 29, 2014),
AV Fistula #2 (This one is a Basilic Transposition),
CKD (IgA Nephropathy) Stage 5,
Hypertension (Under Control)
dialysisadvocate

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »

I wonder if Mr K.T. has taken a very close look at the inspection reports of his facilities ....????? The surveys for Davita can be viewed at www.qualitysafepatientcare.com  The 2011 Davita surveys are available. We will be posting more. There are many,dating back to 2009, on the site (along with FMC and other providers) that clearly show us the problems with care in the units. Perhaps Mr. KT would like to be a patient at one of these facilities that he professes provide quality safe patient care? Would he want a technician or nurse to administer his dialsysis treatment if they are not following Davita's policies and procedures? I think NOT.. What amazes me is the number of reuse deficiencies that are cited...along with other non compliance with the facility policies/procedures.

Shame on you Mr KT and others at the corporate level and local levels who are aware of these errors... Many surveys that are conducted required the state to retrurn (a revisit survey).. Upon entering the unit, many times, the inspectors find the same problems, hence, nothing has been corrected. Just take a look.. Truly sad that patients must experience such.

opinions of Roberta Mikles BA RN Dialysis Patient Safety Advocate
www.qualitysafepatientcare.com

Roberta Mikles BA RN - www.qualitysafepatientcare.com
Dialysis Patient Safety Advocate
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 01:39:31 AM »

Roberta, I'm really glad to see you post here.  You have so many important things to say.  Thank you!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
dialysisadvocate

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 05:34:57 PM »

Roberta, I'm really glad to see you post here.  You have so many important things to say.  Thank you!

Hi Moosemom, also, great to see you here. It is good to see what you wrote because many do not want to admit the problems in the outpatient dialysis units. There are so many patient organizations but no one seems to focus on the incenter care that patients receive on a daily basis,or even those who report to a center twice a month for their assessments, etc.

I am always available to give my opinions from my personal experience, professional experience, working with patients, etc.
Roberta
www.qualitysafepatientcare.com
RMiklesRN@aol.com

Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:17 AM »

CEO's are overpaid, sure, but to expect patients to get stock is beyond belief.  It costs $70,000 a year to be on dialysis, and we are lucky insurance pays for it, be it private or government help.  I predict they will put everyone on home dialysis if they can.  Why?  They don't want to pay nurses. 
KraigG

I feel like I'm on the Dark Side of The Moon.

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:52 PM »

$70,000 a year? Where do you get dialyzed? My center (FMC) bills Medicare a minimum of $30,000 a MONTH.

First bout on dialysis: June, 1990
Kidney/Pancreas transplant: August, 1990
Pancreas removed (hospital error): January, 2001
Kidney fails: August, 2011
Second round of dialysis: August, 2011
dialysisadvocate

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 12:30:49 PM »

We have posted MORE 2011 surveys (inspection reports) for Davita and will be posting more for 2012 soon -- wonder, again, as stated before, if Mr. KT has read throuh some of the California surveys and realized, HEY THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH DELIVERY OF CARE ___ would Mr. KT want the care that some of the patients at Davita are receiving.... Perhaps, he needs to be more accountable for the care that some of these patients receive... www.qualitysafepatientcare.com   Perhaps Mr. Kt SHOULD REALIZE that within the last many years, his staff continue, in many facilities, to NOT implement the most basi of basic infection control .. I am sure Mr Kt IS MORE THAN AWARE that for more than ten years infection is the number two cause of death among the dialysis population ---- does he realize that his staff are still NOT, repeat NOT, in many facilities, again implementing to most basic routine practices to prevent infections... among other wrong practices in many units  MR KT - WOULD YOU want to RECIEVE THE CARE THAT SOME OF YOUR PATIENTS ARE RECEIVING IN SOME OF THESE UNIT -- IS THERE NO CONSCIOUSNESS AS TO THE CARE SOME PATIENTS ARE RECEIVING --- THE FACILITY SUVEYS SHOW THAT DAVITA'S OWN POLICIES/PROCEDURES ARE OFTEN NOT FOLLOWED --- AGAIN, SOME UNITS, MANY UNITS..
opinions of Roberta Mikles BA RN Dialysis Patient Safety Advocate www.qualitysafepatientcare.com

noahvale
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 09:24:22 AM »

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:56:56 AM by noahvale » Logged
Big E

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 11:45:14 AM »

Here's some more news about our favorite person, "Mayor" Kent Thiry. I think it's pretty hilarious.

Sorry I don't know how to do a link, but this is the address.

http://fusible.com/2011/07/kidney-care-company-davita-goes-on-a-buying-binge-of-anti-davita-domains

PKD diagnosed June 1996
Started in-center hemodialysis May 2010
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »

Here's some more news about our favorite person, "Mayor" Kent Thiry. I think it's pretty hilarious.

http://fusible.com/2011/07/kidney-care-company-davita-goes-on-a-buying-binge-of-anti-davita-domains

That's very funny, and really bizarre too!  :P

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »

LOL  according to Go Daddy davitasucks.me is available and davitasucky.com is available and davitadialysissucks.com is available etc. etc.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 01:29:02 AM »

LOL  according to Go Daddy davitasucks.me is available and davitasucky.com is available and davitadialysissucks.com is available etc. etc.

:rofl; HAHAHAHA how about BiteMeDavita.com 

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 06:55:41 AM »

Imadickkentthriy.net

He will spend his billions on this.  That does make me feel better.   I bet he wishes he could shut us up.

I suppose if he paid us ALL off we would shut up.   :waiting;

AnnieB

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »

:rofl; :rofl;
Hazmat35

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »

This is pathetic!  All the money we pay, wether it is from medicare, private insurance or out of pocket. 

Just yesterday, and Nurse was telling me what AWFUL insurance that DaVita has.  How expense it is, and what little coverage they have.  They get charge extra for things like if they "are a smoker" or "overweight" or have certain illness's. 

Souds like the "Boss" needs to spread the wealth a little bit among his workers.   :Kit n Stik;

Brother Passed away - 1990 - Liver Disease
Diagnosed w/ Polycystic Kidney Disease - 1998
Mother passed away - Feb. 1999 - PKD
Sister passed away - Feb. 2006 - PKD
AV Fistula / Upper Left Arm - September 2009
Father passed away - September 2009
In-Center Hemo Dialysis - April 2010
Broken Knee Cap - January 2015
Diagnosed w/ A-Fib October 2017
Surgery to repair Hiatal Hernia 2018
Multiple Fistula Grams / Angioplasty's since then!

Hating Dialysis since Day 1 and everyday since then!!!!  :)
Lexxtech18

Be good to yourself when nobody else will.

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »

Just yesterday, and Nurse was telling me what AWFUL insurance that DaVita has.  How expense it is, and what little coverage they have.  They get charge extra for things like if they "are a smoker" or "overweight" or have certain illness's. 

This is uncommon? ??? It's the same at my work, also. You pay more if you are a smoker, obese, or diabetic (etc.) because it's a bigger risk for the insurance company.

Diagnosed with Bilateral Hypoplastic Kidney Disease - 1990
First Livinig Donor Transplant (from my mommy!) - October 3, 1996
Transplant Failed/Put on Hemodialysis - May 2005
Second Kidney Transplant (deceased donor) - July 2010
Transplant Failed/Restart In-Center Hemodialysis - February 2011
geoffcamp

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 02:36:23 PM »

CEO's are overpaid, sure, but to expect patients to get stock is beyond belief.  It costs $70,000 a year to be on dialysis, and we are lucky insurance pays for it, be it private or government help.  I predict they will put everyone on home dialysis if they can.  Why?  They don't want to pay nurses.

I know this is an old post but what if they did the same thing for each of us on Medicare. Sure would be altruistic and probably do wonders for Medicare relationship!  Just a thought.  G.

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »